Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Who Wants to See my new Bling Setup?? Engine and Paint..

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004 | 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the inspiration. I was contmeplating painting my LSX intake. You just convinced me.....no worries, it won't be the same color.
Old 02-25-2004 | 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

I've been comtemplating some flame and paint job colors for my car and I really like what you did to your car. Please post some better pics when you get a chance!
Old 02-25-2004 | 03:49 PM
Motorboater

I'm hoping as soon as this weekend to have good pics with the prostars on and everything, supposed to be 55 degrees here on Sat! one nice day in the middle of the winter, so if i get my clutch install done in time i'll have it out and will take some good pics in the sunlight

thanks for all the compliments...
Old 02-25-2004 | 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

I like it all
Old 03-03-2004 | 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

Can you give me details about the intake paint job? Assuming you did it yourself. Like did you do a base coat (color?) then followed by x? coats of candy, then the lettering, and then 1 clear coat? I'm trying to decide if this is something a friend of mine with some painting equip & I can do.

Thanks
Mark
Old 03-04-2004 | 09:36 AM
Motorboater

its basically sanded, high heat primered, painted and then did the lettering, then high heat clearcoat.

yes i did it myself.
Old 03-04-2004 | 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

What was the 7 step process for polishing you fuel rail lines? I may be doing this in the future, along with my intake.
Byt the way everything is SWEEEEEET looking
Old 03-04-2004 | 02:37 PM
Motorboater

well i'm still trying to get the fuel rails to clearcoat properly, but then again i haven't had time to play with it since i tried to clear them the first time, they are ok but the clear went on bubbly looking and made the rails loose some of their shine.

to be honest i haven't been giving away the process because i'm doing this stuff as side work now, to give you and idea of the time i have into figuring it out..I spent 10 hours on my first part I did, the throttle body..kept going back and redoign things to get it the way i wanted. Todd has a good process on his page, that's using machines though which I don't have nor have the room for so i figured out how to do it by hand using supplies I got off the internet(can't get the grits I use in retails stores) and so on..
Old 03-04-2004 | 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Sean where do you do all your work at? Still in your mom's garage next to the ol' cub cadet?

As far as your headlight covers, I have an idea for ya but don't know how well the color would match.

Do you know those cars that have the graphics all over them and on the windows. Basically rolling advertisments? Well my buddy on his Honda CBR f4i got that put onto his headlights. It matches the color of his bike and the company added flames into it. I added a picture of it so you can get an idea. Plus the light still shines through at night. It's something a little different. This might be something you could do to get the flames over the headlight while still having function of the lights. Just something I was tossing out at ya.
Attached Thumbnails Who Wants to See my new Bling Setup?? Engine and Paint..-picture-023.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004 | 03:43 PM
Motorboater

yeah, i do most of my work in the garage where i keep the car still, man you're just full of funnies today aren't ya.

the original plan was to have joe do the covers in candy apple red(front only) but he said it wouldn't have come out right and also thought the front end needed something to break up or seperate the flames a bit..the blackouts do that trick.

can you photochop the blackouts to match the candy apple on the front of the car? i'd like to see how it would look.
Old 03-04-2004 | 04:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Yeah I don't like blackouts because they trap heat and they scratch the paint at the bottom.

How about those Halo they look pretty nice.

I like this guy's idea about the see-thru vinyl too.
Old 03-04-2004 | 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Yeah I don't like blackouts because they trap heat and they scratch the paint at the bottom.

How about those Halo they look pretty nice.

I like this guy's idea about the see-thru vinyl too.
Halo's wouldnt look bad

...and yes...I am full of funnies today
Old 03-04-2004 | 09:24 PM
Motorboater

i've had blackouts for years, haven't had any problems so far, but i know they can cause isues.

sooooo.....can i get a photochop there Doooood
Old 03-04-2004 | 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Your such a whiney little bitch. It's not like I am in college and have homework or anything

LOL

I added halo's also just so you could get an idea. Thank Zangel for letting me use her car to photoshop the lights off of.

I like both, but I think hacker joe is right. The black covers help break up the flames. But you don't care what I think right? I am just some stupid college kid with awesome photoshop skillz
Attached Thumbnails Who Wants to See my new Bling Setup?? Engine and Paint..-grumpy-s-flames.jpg   Who Wants to See my new Bling Setup?? Engine and Paint..-grumpys-halos.jpg  
Old 03-05-2004 | 09:31 AM
Motorboater

thank you zangel

grumpy's flames..very funny

homework shmomework, i have neeeeeeeds!!

thanks man. I actually kinda like the matching covers..hmmm.
Old 03-05-2004 | 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

LOL...one more class, headed home, and then I'm off to cali for 5 days.

I like the matching covers also. I think the covers work both ways for ur car. Painted or black. What were your thoughts on the vinyl?
Old 03-05-2004 | 02:54 PM
Motorboater

I like the idea of vinyl matching the candy apple red, just no graphics on them. would be good since light would shine through then. If i painted them I'd have to take them on and off for night driving.

Don't really like the halos, just me i guess.

who did the vinyl stuff for your buddy??
Old 03-05-2004 | 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

I will ask him and let ya know
Old 03-06-2004 | 02:04 AM
TECH Addict

Quick Reply: Who Wants to See my new Bling Setup?? Engine and Paint..