Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

keyless ignition for 69 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool keyless ignition for 69 Camaro

Just finishing up up 69 camaro and I want to add a keyless ignition. Been looking around and having a hard time picking something that will do what I want. I want a proximity sensor that will open my shaved doors individually and has a security alarm. Can anybody give me some ideas or who might have a system.
Thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Hmm not sure about the opening of the doors individually Ive got a Viper System installed on my truck for remote start and its worked great been on there for over 8 years or so no problems planning on getting it for my camaro too, If you havent already you might wanna look them up and see what they offer...
Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like this?

http://www.flamingriver.com/index.ph.../s0001/FR60001

Edit: doesn't have an alarm.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:17 AM

Well I've also been looking around for quite a while now and I settled on a gtstarter2 from www.gallotech.com. It's a great unit that I installed in both of my cars. My Nova has shaved doors and I can set it to open the driver's door when I walk up to the car. I can also set it to only open the door when I push a button on the remote. I also have one on my wife's honda she loves it. She can never find her keys in her purse, so now she only has to remember to bring her purse. It has an alarm system as well with a really cool anti-hijack deal that can turn the engine off if someone ever hi-jacks one of us. Just walk up to her car and the doors unlock, push the start button and away she goes and she never has to look for her keys. It's been good for my sex life too!! Much better price than Flamming river.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gbirdsdad
Well I've also been looking around for quite a while now and I settled on a gtstarter2 from www.gallotech.com. It's a great unit that I installed in both of my cars. My Nova has shaved doors and I can set it to open the driver's door when I walk up to the car. I can also set it to only open the door when I push a button on the remote. I also have one on my wife's honda she loves it. She can never find her keys in her purse, so now she only has to remember to bring her purse. It has an alarm system as well with a really cool anti-hijack deal that can turn the engine off if someone ever hi-jacks one of us. Just walk up to her car and the doors unlock, push the start button and away she goes and she never has to look for her keys. It's been good for my sex life too!! Much better price than Flamming river.

Thats pretty sweet never seen that system before does it allow the key to still be operational or can u never use the key again?? Might consider gettin this system instead
Old 04-15-2011, 12:08 PM

The instructions say that it can be installed to eliminate the key OR keep the key and install in parallel so u can use with or without the key. I eliminated the key in both my cars. If does everything that the key does so I see no reason to keep the key.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lassokey also has a few RFID alarms if I'm not mistaken, but I like Stardrives setup.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Teching In

I ordered one today. It does everything I wanted. It even does the door poppers so I don't need an extra transmitter. Does all in one transmitter.Thanks for the info.
The Gallotech does more stuff and has more optional functions then anything else that I've seen. Think I'll get it in a couple of days and when I install it I'll take some pics and let you know how it works.
Does anybody else have one of these? Any comments? How hard was it to install?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I might have to take a look at it, but I think no matter what I do, I'll have to have two alarms for various features. I wanted to do the keyless ignition, RFID keyless entry, remote start, additional channels to turn on other things, ACTUAL security, not some cheap POS alarm (most RFIDs seem to be lacking in the security department), something with glass break sensors, tilt sensors, proximity sensors, etc like my Viper 5902, but I can't find anything like that in one system. So I'm thinking on for the proximity, and one for everything else.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:31 PM

Hey Squee,FYI. I also have a cheap remote start system in my Nova which I hardly ever use but it works together with the Gallotech system. I think it might work with your Viper as well.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubbapoppie
Just finishing up up 69 camaro and I want to add a keyless ignition. Been looking around and having a hard time picking something that will do what I want. I want a proximity sensor that will open my shaved doors individually and has a security alarm. Can anybody give me some ideas or who might have a system.
Thanks
Here's a List of Units I made once I'm ready to do this.

Stardrive - The cleanest/simple and refined unit IMO.

Flaming River - This kit has good reputation in the hot rod scene for its performance.

Digital Guard Dawg - Also very clean setups

Advancedkeys Squee found this one.

Lassokey - Looks to be an affective and reliable product,but not as refined as stardrive.

Something home made incase you do this by your self.

As far as opening only 1 door at a time, this can be programmed in the alarm.
My regular alarm/remote start is set to unlock only driver door and then pass.

Most reputable brand alarms like DEI(Viper,Clifford,Python) are expandable, they may work with RFID units.
How compatible?...I'm not sure how well they play together to share responsibilities for same tasks...i.e starting the car with remote and or using push button start.

For real security, I 'd recommend adding a alarm like viper to be integrated.

Last edited by bad_408_vert; 04-16-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by squee
I might have to take a look at it, but I think no matter what I do, I'll have to have two alarms for various features. I wanted to do the keyless ignition, RFID keyless entry, remote start, additional channels to turn on other things, ACTUAL security, not some cheap POS alarm (most RFIDs seem to be lacking in the security department), something with glass break sensors, tilt sensors, proximity sensors, etc like my Viper 5902, but I can't find anything like that in one system. So I'm thinking on for the proximity, and one for everything else.
Your viper 5902 is top shelf and upgradeable alarm.
you have to do some research on which one of the these RFID kits can be integrated into the viper.Its very possible.

Originally Posted by latindragons
Like this?Flaming River...Edit: doesn't have an alarm.
See above.

Originally Posted by squee
Lassokey also has a few RFID alarms if I'm not mistaken, but I like Stardrives setup.
+1 on these two brands. Look very promising than others.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Your viper 5902 is top shelf and upgradeable alarm.
you have to do some research on which one of the these RFID kits can be integrated into the viper.Its very possible.

+1 on these two brands. Look very promising than others.
Yea, I wanted the best, so thats why I got it. Just have to get the sensors to go along with it.

After doing some more digging, I think I might go with the Advanced Keys setup. I like the fact that there is no actual fob per say. Its about the sizes of a credit card and can fit in your wallet, so no need for 2 remotes on the keys.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice I like it!

I'm adding it to the list up at top in case someone else search for same idea.

The only thing is we give up the security of having a manual steering wheel lock.

I'll be setting mine up so I can have my regular alarm & control accessories like my front license plate, cut out & vert top.
RFID for key less access & Push to start.

Last edited by bad_408_vert; 04-16-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Nice I like it!

I'm adding it to the list up at top in case someone else search for same idea.

The only thing is we give up the security of having a manual steering wheel lock.

I'll be setting mine up so I can have my regular alarm & control accessories like my front license plate, cut out & vert top.
RFID for key less access & Push to start.
Thats exactly what I want. Every feature possible from an alarm pretty much. Just gotta use too since nobody makes one with everything. As for the steering wheel lock, I don't have a problem with it. I have a aftermarket steering wheel, and if I want, I can add a quick disconnect and get a lock for it. Plus, If you ever try it, breaking the column is actually pretty easy.

Quick Reply: keyless ignition for 69 Camaro