Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

HID Conversion for Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HID Conversion for Trans Am

Ok. I have seached around the forum and have not been able to find EXACTLY what im looking for. I have a 01 Trans Am and have swapped out my fog lights to HID's. That was easy and I had no problems. The High and Low beams however have a different kind of housing, i think they are called a sealed beam, that does not allow the bulb to come out of the housing, unlike the camaro. Are there any of you guys that are running HID's in your TA's and if so where did you find the proper housings for them?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Teching In

I just ordered the the Sealed Beam Housing from this company for my 98 WS6. http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/bzc/full.aspx?Page=63
The part I ordered was the 36-0302 EURO HEADLIGHT-OUTER-150MM
I just ordered them last night and they should be here by this weekend. It was $84 for 2 of them and I'm buying the high beam ones later. I ordered the HIDs from DDM Tuning last night as well.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

If you look less than a half a page down, you'll see two threads about HIDs in T/A's. Technically, the only PROPER housing for HIDs is a projector, however LMC housings are decent as long as you aim them down so you're not blinding everyone. If you want to go projector, then you have the option to retrofit or go with BLS lights. He's a sponsor on here and may have a GP going on at the moment, I'm not sure. Here's his website: http://www.blackbirdlighting.com/98-02.php

If you hear or see anything about Eurolight housings, yes they are an option, but not near as effective as the LMC housings.

If you want to go with a halogen housing, read this thread. It will give you all the information you need: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...kit-birds.html
Old 04-20-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for your reply. I noticed that right after making this post there were other threads but the one that I saw was talking about an ebay thread that the person never installed. I want to do this once and know that the kit will work correctly the first time. Thanks again.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

No problem. I have the LMC housings right now, but I am contemplating a retrofit. I just need funds at the moment, though then I'll want to use that for go-fast parts lol. It's a never ending loop
Old 04-20-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by little jwall
I just ordered the the Sealed Beam Housing from this company for my 98 WS6. http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/bzc/full.aspx?Page=63
The part I ordered was the 36-0302 EURO HEADLIGHT-OUTER-150MM
I just ordered them last night and they should be here by this weekend. It was $84 for 2 of them and I'm buying the high beam ones later. I ordered the HIDs from DDM Tuning last night as well.
Nice! These look like they will work. This is what I was looking for. Something that I can take my old ones out and put the new ones right in with the HID's. Thanks man!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Teching In

No problem! But I'm a girl. Lol
Old 04-20-2011, 05:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ws6fitz
Ok. I have seached around the forum and have not been able to find EXACTLY what im looking for. I have a 01 Trans Am and have swapped out my fog lights to HID's. That was easy and I had no problems. The High and Low beams however have a different kind of housing, i think they are called a sealed beam, that does not allow the bulb to come out of the housing, unlike the camaro. Are there any of you guys that are running HID's in your TA's and if so where did you find the proper housings for them?
If you are looking for the best light output in a completely plug-n-play drop-in kit, we offer the best performing setup. Please take a look at the pics on our website and feel free to contact me with any questions. You can choose to upgrade just the low beams or go for the full premium setup with projectors for all 4 housings.

www.blackbirdlighting.com

Old 04-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Thought this might help you out as an option

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147569
Old 04-21-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by little jwall
No problem! But I'm a girl. Lol
Ha. Sorry. I do call everyone man whether they are a guy or a girl. Its nice to see a girl in the forum tho!

Quick Reply: HID Conversion for Trans Am