Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Used Meguiars new Ultimate Compound on my Honda

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Used Meguiars new Ultimate Compound on my Honda

So this Honda had a $859.00 Earl Scheib paint job with an extra coat of clearcoat on it, it's about 4 years old...the paint that is.

In January I claybar'd it and used #83 for 3 sweeps and #80 for 3 sweeps & 2 coats of NXT wax, and I figured this was as best as I could get it.

So for the past few weeks I've been working on the paint, doing sections at a time but this time I used the new Ultimate Compound from Meguiars, basically it's a new compound that cuts MUCH better than the #83, getting rid of swirl marks, and so on.

Here's a few pics showing how the UC cuts on the hood. The car's been washed & claybar'd(I claybar'd the **** out of that paint, it was in bad shape and I did this whole ordeal 3 months ago.

The passenger side of the hood has had 1 sweep of the UC, driver's side is claybar'd and ready to go. I had masking tape down the hood so I could really see how effective this **** is.

Okay, the roof that's been claybar'd, notice how hazy it looks?

Aftershots this afternoon, after 3 passes of the Ultimate Compound and 2 passes of #80 and 2 coats of NXT 2.0.

The roof.

So the Ultimate Coumpound cutting/cleaning results are FAR better than the #83 stuff that Meguiars has to offer.

There's another newer product I believe it's the D300 Correcting Compound which has a grittier content but still you can use with a DA buffer ala Porter Cable or Meguiars, and I think I'm going to order that next time.

My buddy Kman told me about the D300 and said that instead of using the UC stuff the D300 would only need one pass as opposed to me having to do 3 passes with the Ultimate Compound.

Still, fantastic results!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good and honestly, idk about you area but you don't see many Honda Accords look that nice and in that good of condition around here. But I see you had to get a pic of it with the Camaro back there, lol. Couldn't leave that out, haha.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna start on the SS this week, see how that Ultimate Compound works with our VERY tough factory clearcoat.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Worked great on the honda.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great man, is that something you have to order or can you get it at a store?

Quick Reply: Used Meguiars new Ultimate Compound on my Honda