Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

6liter eater seats... questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wherever you, or anyone, buys from, make sure they actually offer support for your car.

There's PLENTY of seat vendors out there just taking your money, pushing buttons on a computer and getting them drop shipped to you from Canada, China, etc...

DO NOT order my brackets if you order a similar seat and think they will fit, THEY WILL NOT. They will not fit Mad Racing, they will not fit Ebay, they will not fit Yonaka.

Our seats our from Yonaka but modified to sit lower in our cars and make it easier to mount to factory rails or our brackets. I can send pics of customers who thought a seat was a seat then complained and wanted refunds like it was my fault they bought ebay seats or just random seats from a random vendor on here without a Camaro or their own brackets.

I believe Corbeau makes brackets for our cars for their seats and I think Sparco does as well. Obviously I make brackets for my modified Yonakas, I also think Arizen offers brackets with their seats...
Old 04-27-2011, 07:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribing. Let us know about fitment of Corbeau's and bracket, thanks.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have had my 6le seats for 1 year now. Theres no wear on them. They are still very soft, comfortable etc. I added some lower lumbar padding for my back. I used thick sponges to bring it out about 2"
Old 04-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Default 6LE seats

Figured I would throw my 2 cents into this post...I ordered 6LE seats, just finnished installing them in the car. Havent driven the car out of the driveway yet but my initial impressions are....Great seat looks great, with the factory rails it does sit a little high. Wish it did have lumbar adjustability and maybe a way to quickly bring forward(i do understand why it doesnt). I understand that are other options out there but truthfully if you can afford this approximate price range its a good seat and hell your helping to support someone that is developing things for our cars while other companies have already moved to latest and greatest not even still making pieces that they have made for our cars in the past. I wish there was this stuff for my 3rd gen. My suggestion to 6LE (if it matters) include a set of paper instructions for installation especially if your getting the seats before you send it to customers its a personal touch that would help alot(the only cost is printed paper) Your online instructions is for before you were modifing the seat and doesnt help fitting the power seat. My seats were received approx 3 weeks after I placed the order just as 6LE quoted. I have a set of corbeau's in my 3rd gen and may sell them to get another set of 6LE's. By the way I dont know 6LE this is strictly customer viewpoint.

Last edited by a383z; 04-29-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a quick question. In another thread someone posted some pictures of 6LE's seats and it looked like there was a control like the stock power seats... are 6LE's power? How does that work exactly? Im a car seat noob.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shamson5.7
I have a quick question. In another thread someone posted some pictures of 6LE's seats and it looked like there was a control like the stock power seats... are 6LE's power? How does that work exactly? Im a car seat noob.
There's a write-up in the forums section of my site on how to mount them to factory rails...
Old 04-29-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So the seats do not come ready to install unless I buy the brackets as well?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just trying to clear my confusion here. Id love to get my hands on some leather ones, just need to know exactly what I need to install them.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They come with universal sliders. I used the 6le brackets with the new sliders and it was an easy install. the seats will sit lower than stock and go back about 2" more than stock.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssteven
They come with universal sliders. I used the 6le brackets with the new sliders and it was an easy install. the seats will sit lower than stock and go back about 2" more than stock.
So regardless, I either buy 6LEs brackets or I have to custom fab the seats to my stock sliders?
Old 04-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Banned

So the seats do not come ready to install unless I buy the brackets as well?
No seats come ready to install. Mine are the closest though as I have them modified at the factory to bolt to our seat rails easier. There's a write-up on my site about using factory rails and how to mount them BUT that is an old style, when you get my seats in you'll see how much easier it is now that they are modded.

You still add a little height though with factory rails and may want my brackets anyways...
Old 04-30-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Got my corbeau seats and brackets in the mail yesterday. I must say these are top notch. Will post pics up later today or tomorow after I install them.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Yonaka does not modify any seats directly before they send out seats
Old 04-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DOUBLEDMODS
Yonaka does not modify any seats directly before they send out seats
Really? Want to see before and after pictures? It either happens in CA or Japan but they do it. I've stayed out of your business despite the fact you are one of the worst vendors I have EVER dealt with (making my customers wait 6+ months for a bezel while you skipped yours ahead) so why don't you stay out of mine...
Old 04-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Banned

^^Not to mention charging me more for the product than you sold it on your site for.

The way you do business is bad, just plain bad. Don't think this has anything to do with you being a sponsor on here, I could care less and you can ask ALL my vendors that I ENCOURAGE them to start selling here on their own if they think it would be profitable.

Very unfortunate as well since I liked talking to you on the phone (hence me being understanding on all the ridiculous wait times and headaches you caused me with my customers).

Again, stay out of mine and I will stay out of yours.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lets not get this thread locked please.
Found the info I was looking for. Definitely going to be buying some 6LEs here in the next month or 2.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned

Lets not get this thread locked please.
Found the info I was looking for. Definitely going to be buying some 6LEs here in the next month or 2.
I'm not going to post pics so I can get copied but if you want I can e-mail you pics of the difference in factory and my bottoms.

With the brackets, that I make for my modified seats, up to stock Yonaka seats you can see stock holes are about an inch further.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Really? Want to see before and after pictures? It either happens in CA or Japan but they do it. I've stayed out of your business despite the fact you are one of the worst vendors I have EVER dealt with (making my customers wait 6+ months for a bezel while you skipped yours ahead) so why don't you stay out of mine...

oh here is the email direct from Yonaka
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: f body seats
Date: Wed, April 27, 2011 8:02 am
To: dennis@doubledmods.com

Good Morning Dennis, No this is 100% Incorrect! We do not modify anything. If they are getting our seats, they are getting them just like you are. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jason Jenkins
Customer Account Manager

Yonaka Motorsports T-Shirts Now Available only $5 Each! Get Yours today!

Phone - (800) 824-4852
Fax - (240) 337-6418
Email - Jason@Yonaka.com
www.yonaka.com
www.yonakafans.com
www.facebook.com/yonakafans
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yonaka/
http://www.youtube.com/yonakamotorsports

So i guess Yonaka is lying to me then right....

so your right this is over and done. ANything more we can take it up over a phone or in private.

Last edited by DOUBLEDMODS; 04-30-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DOUBLEDMODS

really you want to get into this
you start crap and go behind my back
I took care of your customers in order they were placed. I am weeks out on customers. That what happens when you actually have a shop to work out of and not drop ship orders

You are the one who so kindly said above above so called vendors drop shipping products out of an easy chair and you did this with my products
I could care less what you think.

I never let your customer wait 6 months either.

you got a problem with me you call me. Your orders were sent how they arrived

I was tired of fielding emails and calls on why i sold them on my site of which was same price you paid for them and marked them up more than I was even making on them to make

oh here is the email direct from Yonaka
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: f body seats
Date: Wed, April 27, 2011 8:02 am
To: dennis@doubledmods.com

Good Morning Dennis, No this is 100% Incorrect! We do not modify anything. If they are getting our seats, they are getting them just like you are. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jason Jenkins
Customer Account Manager

Yonaka Motorsports T-Shirts Now Available only $5 Each! Get Yours today!

Phone - (800) 824-4852
Fax - (240) 337-6418
Email - Jason@Yonaka.com
www.yonaka.com
www.yonakafans.com
www.facebook.com/yonakafans
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yonaka/
http://www.youtube.com/yonakamotorsports

So i guess Yonaka is lying to me then right....

so your right this is over and done. ANything more we can take it up over a phone or in private.
It is called a PRIVATE label for a reason. They say anything and it is a breach of contract.

You are flat out lying that my customers were taken in order. You flat out told me before you were taking care of your Corvette guys first and YES I had a customer wait 6 months to receive product not to mention the one that kept getting broken bezels and the others who sure as heck didn't wait two weeks and I had to explain to them why they didn't have them in the 4-6 weeks my site listed let alone the 2 weeks you would quote me.

I'm done. I was leaving the Camaro DD market to you on here as a courtesy but I guess I'll go back into business (my firebird guy, who I only started carrying in ADDITION to yours because he offered a different vinyl covered product, is fully capable of making all these but out of respect to you we weren't).

Heck, you've already shown your true colors more than once and trying to undermine a vendor (which is how you started this) is a pretty good example of what I dealt with. Time will tell, best of luck.

FYI: To all reading this, I have NOTHING bad to say about his PRODUCT. His product was always good, I just had a bad experience with customer service.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:18 AM
TECH Resident

Why do me threads always start wars?

Quick Reply: 6liter eater seats... questions...