Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

new hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 05:00 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
I had to do the same thing with the spacers.. about 1/4 of an inch, i could have gotten away with a little less but it seemed like i had to slam the **** out of it to get it to latch.. hood release is funky too, i didnt install mine either. overall the fit is good, needs some shaving if you ask me, its a little tight on the front edges... nice to have a different hood though..
the front edges are supposed to be block sanded down, vfn added this extra material to make lining up the hood easier

I was able to eliminate the spacers on my hood after talking to vfn, your actual latch moves up and down for adjustment, just two bolts

and as for the secondary latch, you're supposed to cut it at the elbow so it fits
Old 06-03-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zx2ner25
the front edges are supposed to be block sanded down, vfn added this extra material to make lining up the hood easier

I was able to eliminate the spacers on my hood after talking to vfn, your actual latch moves up and down for adjustment, just two bolts

and as for the secondary latch, you're supposed to cut it at the elbow so it fits
yea, i got a message from Jeanie... really was my fault, if I had looked closer, I would have figured it out.. I was just impatient... I have done another video to eliminate my mistakes... (((yea, holy ****!! a guy who admits he was wrong)))
Old 06-03-2011, 12:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had a penny for everytime I was wrong...I'd have a small fortune by now
No worries at all ~ Just wanted to put up the instructions so that there would be no confusion for guys looking at both set of instructions.

Hood looks great!! Can't wait to see finished pics!!

Thank you very much! ~

Jeanie

Quick Reply: new hood