Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How do I get rid of residue on my heads and throttle body..

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I get rid of residue on my heads and throttle body..

I cleaned my engine with mother's engine cleaner, and it did a great job cleaning off the dirt, but it left a white residue on the front of the heads and the throttle body. Can I scrape it off, or is there a solution that I can spray or apply to make it go away.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks
Old 03-12-2003, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: How do I get rid of residue on my heads and throttle body..

Try using a little polish on them, it should take that residue off. If that doesn't work try a cleaner called CLEANSOL it comes in a lite blue can. It works great for cleaning anything and is safe to use on what ever. I use it all the time. It will even take off spray paint or any other visual marks you want on your car without hurting the paint.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: How do I get rid of residue on my heads and throttle body..

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by blown 346:
<strong> Try using a little polish on them, it should take that residue off. If that doesn't work try a cleaner called CLEANSOL it comes in a lite blue can. It works great for cleaning anything and is safe to use on what ever. I use it all the time. It will even take off spray paint or any other visual marks you want on your car without hurting the paint. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What kind of polish?

And where can I find CLEANSOL?

Quick Reply: How do I get rid of residue on my heads and throttle body..