Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Direct Seat Replacements...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct Seat Replacements...

I want a cheap replacement for my 94 Camaro seats, that won't need new mounts. I want to be able to use my power seat adjuster and recline my seats too.

For the most part I'm looking for something cheap and comfy with a sporty look that's not a PITA to install. Lateral support and low weight aren't my biggest concerns but they'd be nice to have.

I'm looking to spend about $200, maybe $300 if it's worth it.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for what you're looking for, most will tell you to find some Firebird/TA seats
Old 06-14-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

other than trans am and camaro seats, you wont find any other direct replacements. you can modify the brackets to hold others but it seems like you dont want to do that
Old 06-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by my bandit
other than trans am and camaro seats, you wont find any other direct replacements. you can modify the brackets to hold others but it seems like you dont want to do that
If just modifying them will do the trick yeah why not? I just don't feel like paying another 200 bucks for "universal" brackets.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

I picked up some used evo 8 seats (recaro) for $250 for the set. Mounted them to my stock rails (just required a couple pieces of steel) and kept the power seat function.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not to hijack the thread but where did you get those for so cheap? On ebay theyre going for like 800 plus shipping
Old 06-14-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

there's several sets on ebay for $400 and one gently used for $350+ shipping
Old 06-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by peterlawl84
I picked up some used evo 8 seats (recaro) for $250 for the set. Mounted them to my stock rails (just required a couple pieces of steel) and kept the power seat function.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/IMAG0182.jpg
Perfect, just what I was looking for. Lotta Evos show up at our meets, I'll ask around. Can you gimme more details on how you got it to fit?

Wait, is your center console carbon fiber too? Looks sick.

So do you guys know of any other cars that I can fit their seats on my Camaro?
Old 06-14-2011, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AmirGTR

It's just a carbon fiber "sticker" on top of it. The console isn't really made out of carbon fiber.

Lots of other car seats will fit, but you have to adapt them to fit on the stock rails, just like the guy did for the Evo seats. For your outstandingly low price range, the only seats that are a direct bolt-in are used Trans Am front seats.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZexGX
It's just a carbon fiber "sticker" on top of it. The console isn't really made out of carbon fiber.

Lots of other car seats will fit, but you have to adapt them to fit on the stock rails, just like the guy did for the Evo seats. For your outstandingly low price range, the only seats that are a direct bolt-in are used Trans Am front seats.
Do they have anything like that (maybe a different style than Carbon Fiber?) that would stick around the vents above the radio?
Old 06-14-2011, 07:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fosnot
Do they have anything like that (maybe a different style than Carbon Fiber?) that would stick around the vents above the radio?
Yes... But I hate those tacky stick-on kits with a passion and I refuse to help you Google it.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Yes... But I hate those tacky stick-on kits with a passion and I refuse to help you Google it.
lol, I was just wondering as yours look like fairly good quality, and my dash has a crack in the vinyl right there.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by silversrtman
not to hijack the thread but where did you get those for so cheap? On ebay theyre going for like 800 plus shipping
I got lucky on ebay, they were used...so there is some wear and fading, but I plan on getting them redone when I redo the interior.

Perfect, just what I was looking for. Lotta Evos show up at our meets, I'll ask around. Can you gimme more details on how you got it to fit?

The evo 9 seats are killer and a more edgy look, but they are considerably more expensive and not sure if its the same dimensions.
Corvette seats will work, but aren't as supportive and tend to be more expensive.
s2000 seats look great...but they are more expensive as well.
I originally was going to get the corbeau A4, but those were more money and I have heard issues about them fading badly.
I was just looking for a cheap replacement that was comfortable for me...Im 5'11 180lb and fits me great...my larger friends on the other hand don't like them because the side bolsters dig into their sides.

Im sure there are several other options, but this was the best deal that I found.

I installed the rksport carbon fiber dash/door kit back in like 2001...its blue and black...so it matches the exterior (and now the seat)... It is not just a plain sticker, its carbon fiber with a clearcoat...but it is just stuck on. I plan on eventually removing that and getting everything wrapped. There was a previous kit that wrapped the entire console lid, but I think they d/c that.
Here are a couple pics of the radio trim piece...can kind of tell its blue and black.

And found another pic of the seat and the piece I made for the seat controls

Here is the write-up I used for the seats...the only thing I would mention is that you can cheat the seat back alittle more when mounting them onto the metal strips so that you get an extra inch or so when mounted (seats are alittle bigger front to back...so rear seat leg room suffers...but no one rides in the back of my car).

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...eat-rails.html

Let me know if there is anything I didn't cover...I'll try to keep up with this thread, if not, pm me.

Last edited by peterlawl84; 06-14-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

Good stuff...so which one is the easiest one to put into a Camaro?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

Good stuff...so which one is the easiest one to put into a Camaro?
Trans Am seats. Not to be mistaken with Formula seats, which are cheaper and don't offer any better support than a Camaro seat.

Quick Reply: Direct Seat Replacements...