Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

procar/ scat seat brackets?

Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default procar/ scat seat brackets?

Has anyone installed these in their car?

I'm looking at some cheap "racing" seats off ebay and they come with universal sliders. I don't want to spend a fortune on brackets and have zero fabrication experience.

If you have used these, will they work on any aftermarket seat with universal sliders?

Do they make the seat sit up higher? I'm 6'3" and need all the room I can get!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

From what I've seen just about all cheaper aftermarket seats set up higher then factory. some even almost touch the t-top.The more higher end seats may have a better chance of keeping your head in the car. Are Trans Am seats not an option?
Old 06-30-2011, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i used it in the mustang i was building i had to cut the bottom two bolting locations of the three and i had to massage the floor pan to get it to fit. and i was still hitting the roof with the seat and i only had about 3 in of head clearance and i am only 5' 7''. Plus the seat is really uncomfortable. Not really any lumbar support
Old 07-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Well it was either going to be cheap ebay seats or procar highback seats.....trans am seats would be nice, but expensive and no weight reduction due to power motors....guess I could swap in a manual slider and save some weight
Old 07-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Really just want to know if these brackets will work on any seats or if they have to be procar/scat.....sure someone has used the f-body brackets
Old 07-10-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QIK E
Really just want to know if these brackets will work on any seats or if they have to be procar/scat.....sure someone has used the f-body brackets
Not sure which brackets you are asking about. I bought some used Corbeau seats with brackets for another kind of car. I had a buddy measure his Corbeau brackets and shoot photos. I don't have any fabricating experience either, but bought some steel at Fastenal and bent it in my backyard with my ShopMate and a big hammer. A $15 angle grinder from Harbor Freight came in handy! I took the pieces to my muffler guy since I have no welder, and he had them together in about an hour. Whole set-up cost me about $100, and that is what Corbeau gets per bracket. If you have a buddy with a welder, you can get that price below $50. A rattle can of paint and nobody would guess they are homemade. I can probably send you the measured photos of the F-Body brackets if you are interested.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: procar/ scat seat brackets?