Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Exhaust staining the bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust staining the bumper

I have LT's and an ORY. Right now I have some cheap chrome tips that are tucked real close to the bumper. My car is white and its leaving a brown stain that is hard to get off all over the bumper. I have to use a clay bar to clean it. In the future I will be running a new Hooker exhuast with some Megs oval tips. I'm going to make sure these are placed further away and lower than my current setup to keep the staining down. I didn't have this problem with the stock y-pipe and cats. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. I didn't notice it at first but after closer inspection it was really discolored. So if you are running an ORY, you might want to check your bumper for staining.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust staining the bumper

Welcome to the wonderful world of a white car with no cats. I had this problem to. I think its mainly because our car do in fact burn oil. The cats seem to soak up all that **** coming out of the exhaust. It will come off easy with some type of solovent like mineral spirts. Then you will need to re wax it. I had my rear valance painted graphite so you couldn't see it so much.

Good luck! Mine doesn't do it any more, but I don't have a stock motor anymore either. I blew up the stock motor and replaced it with a ARE short block.

Rob