Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

To flame or not to flame

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 03:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To flame or not to flame

So i got a 1999 T/A and its not a WS6, i was thinking about putting a WS9 badge on it but not sure if people flame them also thinking about changing all emblems and decals red my car is dark metallic blue. I have the clone ws6 ram air look alike hood and want to get red stripes down the road. Good choice or bad?
Old 07-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buddy first off dont worry about what people think , its a hit or miss with going outside the box, we all make our cars how we like them , honest i dont think your idea sounds bad at all, should maybe do a photo shop to see if you will like it,good luck man ,imo all you need on a ta is a set of ccdubs and strano springs and others will bow down lol
Old 07-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Launching!

^^^Get this man a brewski, what he said, definitley what he said.
My Ta was a WS6 clone at one point. After doing some homework(not original owner). I realized my car was a clone.lol I have a black WS9 badge because that fits the color scheme of my Ta. Why? Because I can and I want too.lol In all seriousness though it's in my RPO codes. To to tell you the truth, with my appearance mods she might not even be anything of something. But nothing more then meets the eyes.lmao
Old 07-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

As was stated earlier, do what you want with your car. I have some painted blue hood stripes on my car and put a blue 99' Anniversary WS6 badge on my car. Granted I wish it was the real deal, but it was simply for appearance purposes and because I thought it would look good.

Last edited by blk99transam; 07-31-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep build what you like, you can ask ideas or thoughts.

My thoughts red would be too much. It would clash with the blue and your eyes would be drawn to the emblems and not the total car. I would be more into gun metal or brushed alum or different blue tone. I'm a Foose fan and he said it best, you want people to stand back and notice the mods the more they look at it, this way no mod over powers the other. Just my .02 GL
Old 07-31-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Like said many times above it's your car do what you like.. Who gives a **** if people flame.. Haters gonna Hate
Old 07-31-2011, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm, tough question about the red. I have a NBM car too, and I really can't picture red decals on it. Only place I think red would look good is on the calipers.

I think silver, charcoal grey, or even a lighter shade of blue would look better than red.

As far as the WS9 badge, I don't see the point. I'm not a fan of badges anyway, but WS9 doesn't mean anything and really doesn't warrant a badge.

Then again, some people just like badges, so if you do, go for it. It's your car after all.

Me, I say .... Badges?? We no need no stinking badges!!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Captain Double Post

i think the red and blue could look nice but it would have to be very lil red, you wouldnt want to over kill the theme, a wise man once told me less is more,
Old 08-01-2011, 03:46 AM
TECH Resident

^^^^ You don't want too much red. Just a little bit here and there
Old 08-01-2011, 11:21 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just like everyone else said, do what you think looks good. The only time I would be against putting factory badges on the car of a WS6 is if you're trying intentionally to pass it off as a WS6 at the time of sale. WS6 cars typically bring in more money, and if you try to intentionally trick someone into beleiving it is something it's not originally, then that's wrong.

Now if you had the badges and people want to beleive it's a ws6, but you don't advertise it as such, then that's buyer beware.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:21 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys just the feed back i needed, Gonna go with with red on my emblems and just see how it plays out.

Quick Reply: To flame or not to flame