Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Questions about lights and etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about lights and etc.

I know that this isn't really the place to ask about a v6 or anything but i can't find any legit sites where people post as frequently as most of you guys do. So here is some of the stuff i've been wondering about;

I have a white 1998 v6 camaro. Brand new 3.8 v6 crate motor, just dropped it in, etc. Making it into a v6sleeper.

1. I've seen some of the cars posted on here with Clear turning lamps/front turning signals or whatever. Where would i get my hands on those at?

2. Radiator covers? Want to sway away from the air lid, and go with a Cold air intake.

3. Want to put an SS hood on it, Best place to get one at?

4. Wiring harness, i never noticed how HORRIBLE they made the F-bodies look with all the Wiring scattered across the engine compartment. I'll be stripping down the Engine compartment and painting it as well as the Car. So what to do with the Wiring harness(s), as in covers, etc.

5. Billet grills?

6. New headlights&Tail lights.

7. Fog lights.

8. Gauges.

Information on all of these would be greatly appreciated. (:
Old 08-06-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheOrangez51
I know that this isn't really the place to ask about a v6 or anything but i can't find any legit sites where people post as frequently as most of you guys do. So here is some of the stuff i've been wondering about;

I have a white 1998 v6 camaro. Brand new 3.8 v6 crate motor, just dropped it in, etc. Making it into a v6sleeper.

i saw you have a c6 vette already, why a v6 camaro? the 3.8 had to cost as much as an ls1

1. I've seen some of the cars posted on here with Clear turning lamps/front turning signals or whatever. Where would i get my hands on those at?

Ebay

2. Radiator covers? Want to sway away from the air lid, and go with a Cold air intake.

LT1 Camaro

3. Want to put an SS hood on it, Best place to get one at?

either find one from a part out and pay a good amount or i think VFN has good ones
4. Wiring harness, i never noticed how HORRIBLE they made the F-bodies look with all the Wiring scattered across the engine compartment. I'll be stripping down the Engine compartment and painting it as well as the Car. So what to do with the Wiring harness(s), as in covers, etc.

no clue... seems like alot of work

5. Billet grills?

ws6 store? i have a t/a so i wouldnt know very well

6. New headlights&Tail lights.

ebay (stock or aftermarket?)

7. Fog lights.

again, no clue

8. Gauges.

6litereater makes custom gauges

Information on all of these would be greatly appreciated. (:
hope that helps
Old 08-07-2011, 01:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Besides the Hood and gauges, everything you need is on ebay for cheap/
Old 08-07-2011, 01:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wire mod
Old 08-07-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

-Clear signals/markers, billet grill, lights, etc go on ebay

-SS Hood, I'd recommend you find one local. Shipping on hoods is pricey, plus you never know what you're getting till you get it. If you do buy online, go with a reputable site, either a sponsor from here or one of the big name parts companies. Ebay dealers are risky at best; they usually have rough factory seconds or knock offs.

-Cold air kit- buy a cheap ebay kit, then put a nice filter on it, K&N or Spectre.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Thanks guys, i've actually bought the 1998 Camaro for my Grandson as a surprise, so you know, i got it for very cheap off of a friend, 1,250$. Kelly blue book has it at 3,550.$ My ex wife had a 1998 bonneville with a knock, totaled the car 2 days after i got the new motor and was about it to put it in so i've had a 3.8 sitting in the garage for over 6 years now. Crated&bagged. So i dropped it in, had a slight miss, changed all the spark plug wires again and its gone now.

So back to the details, He now knows about the car ofcourse and wants to sell it after we get finished. Should go for around 5,000$. Car has 98,000 miles, new motor&Trans. Recommendations on cars? Preferably a camaro. He's wanting an SS.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

What a brat. Learns of his gift, and already wants to get rid of it.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheOrangez51
Thanks guys, i've actually bought the 1998 Camaro for my Grandson as a surprise, so you know, i got it for very cheap off of a friend, 1,250$. Kelly blue book has it at 3,550.$ My ex wife had a 1998 bonneville with a knock, totaled the car 2 days after i got the new motor and was about it to put it in so i've had a 3.8 sitting in the garage for over 6 years now. Crated&bagged. So i dropped it in, had a slight miss, changed all the spark plug wires again and its gone now.

So back to the details, He now knows about the car ofcourse and wants to sell it after we get finished. Should go for around 5,000$. Car has 98,000 miles, new motor&Trans. Recommendations on cars? Preferably a camaro. He's wanting an SS.
Just me giving an honest opinion, but I'm just 22 and don't know of any 16 year old kid that was mature enough to own an SS or any car of that caliber for their age. Without a doubt, if my parents had bought me one when I was 16, it would have been bad. Thankfully they were smart and bought me a 4cyl s10.

But, if you do want to buy him one, why not just a basic Z28 as opposed to an SS. If you can sell the v6 car for 5k, it probably shouldn't take much boot to buy a decently nice Z. It would hurt all of us alot worse to see the fenders beat off a SS anyways..
Old 08-09-2011, 12:56 AM
TECH Junkie

^ That. Very well said.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Thats BS about kids not being mature, my first car was a superchaged Silverado 383, sold it to buy my 69 camaro with a forged 327 on 200 shot. No speeding tickets til I was 19 and that was my only one.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All kids are different, but my first car was a 1994 Formula LT1 I got for my 16th birthday. I drove it for 3 weeks before I totaled it. I was told it was too much car for me at that age, but I wanted it anyway. Now owning an LS1, I would never get one for a 16 year old.

I don't know the kid, but if you think he can handle it, go for it. Personally I'd let him drive a v6 around for a couple years before handing him an LS1, or even an LT1. Just my $.02