Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

No More 4X4! Finally lowered and lovin it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tires from '94 need to be replaced immediately... Even tires from 2002 aren't that good. Ours are showing dry rot on the SS.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks a lot better but if the tires are really from '94, I'd replace them asap so you won't mess up the SS's.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I need to double check that date code. But at the time I even took a pic of it and sent it to my friend cause he didn't believe me. If you saw these tires, you would never guess they are that old. not one single dry rot crack. No busted cords. No vibration. They will be replaced very soon. Trust me, I don't feel like trashing a car over a tire.

Thanks again for the compliments.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe you misinterpreted the date code. Those look like the Goodyear Eagle tires that have that funny tread pattern. I don't think those came out until the 2000s. They're probably from about 2004, but I'm no expert. I don't remember those being around back in the 90s.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

Well after a quick search, the GS-C EMT (run flats) were offered as an option on corvettes in 94. I don't think these are the EMT version. I will take another look at these when I get home tonight and see what that date code was again. I will not doubt I may have misinterpreted the code.

Here we go, from Goodyear site.
1991 Goodyear airships visited 12 major markets in the United States as Blimp Tour '91 increased retail traffic and tire sales....Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President Tom Barrett retired. Stanley C. Gault was elected chairman and chief executive officer....Hoyt M. Wells was elected Goodyear president and chief operating officer.... Goodyear sold 12 million new shares of its common stock....Four tires were introduced in an unprecedented launch: the Aquatred, Invicta GFE, Wrangler GSA and Eagle GSC....The new, highly innovative Aquatred tire garnered praise and acceptance from the media and consumers alike....Air Treads formed a joint venture with Mitsui & Company Ltd. of Japan to serve the expanding aviation tire business in Asia....Board of directors approved $39 million to nearly double capacity at the Bangkok, Thailand tire plant....Dutch chemical firm Akzo agreed to buy the Scottsboro, Alabama polyester tire cord and fabric plant for $105 million....Goodyear support of the Persian Gulf War was recognized by several awards....Company awarded the 1991 James S. Cogswell Award for Outstanding Industrial Security Achievement from the U.S. Department of Defense.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails No More 4X4! Finally lowered and lovin it!-p1020533.jpg  

Quick Reply: No More 4X4! Finally lowered and lovin it!