Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Leather interior upgrades for the Camaro and Firebirds / TA

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BANDITCAR
That is beautiful quality work and I see the value in such an investment.
I've spent more on things that I wouldn't get as much enjoyment from (film props) so I definitely would be interested in improving the interior of my CETA.
As far as color I would want something very close to the Ebony stock interior color with some tasteful silver stitching. I think that would fit well with most all interiors.
Also, in consideration to other f-body owners wanting the price adjusted, would it ve any more cost effective to use vinyl upholstery material?
We could look into synthetic leather or vinyl
I can also look into options that require less stitching as well.
The quality of leather we use is top notch and not cheap as well. Its imported from Germany.

I am not offeneded by anyones comments on price. We have no clue what these would be for the Fbody panels. I was just showing you what cost run to send in a set of C5 Corvette Panels.
Also take into consideration the C5 panels are two piece. They have to be broken down and reglued back together as well so more labor involved

Keep the feedback and info rolling please.
I want to get idea of what you all want and think so I can take everything into the mix to come up with a happy medium for all of you.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
Ebony leather, with black stitching on the following parts:

Front

Doors
Gauge bezel
shifter console
console sides
arm rest

Rear:

Trim

Interested to see what that would like, and what the cost would be.

made ntoes of this

The actual gauge bezel is not going to be the cheapest thing int he world either.
These are a MAJOR PIA to do. The require a ton of work and stitching to get all angles covered. They are more work than door panels to be honest.
But is can be done
Old 08-20-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to see an example and pretty much would have to before I put that kind of money down on buying something like this. Would like see how you would do up some T/A panels or consoles in a black wrap to match ebony with some silver stitching as well. Even more interested if you could do a nice vinyl/synthetic leather for cheaper.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUBLEDMODS
There is no easy way to stich and wrap door panels and to get them to look like this.
This week alone for the C5 we have 15 sets of door panels on the way to us because this is such a good deal.
I am absolutely not doubting the quality of your work, or the competitive pricing, but what Im saying is this is the Fbody world and many of us here are driving cars that cost a fraction of what some the Corvettes do. Putting $1,000+ worth of leather in a $10,000 car - see what I mean?
From another sponsor (redlinegoods) I got a real leather shift boot, center console arm rest, and e-brake boot for around $100 as a kit I put in my self.
(heres a pic of what Im talking about):

However I will repeat, I know there is a market for interior dress up kits (leather or not) for our cars, there are hundreds of threads asking for this. I know I would buy a leather wrap for our center console, doesn't even have to be stitched, just simple leather that is cut to fit that I can glue or what ever.
Like this (but stitching not needed)
Old 08-20-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I am absolutely not doubting the quality of your work, or the competitive pricing, but what Im saying is this is the Fbody world and many of us here are driving cars that cost a fraction of what some the Corvettes do. Putting $1,000+ worth of leather in a $10,000 car - see what I mean?
From another sponsor (redlinegoods) I got a real leather shift boot, center console arm rest, and e-brake boot for around $100 as a kit I put in my self.
(heres a pic of what Im talking about):

However I will repeat, I know there is a market for interior dress up kits (leather or not) for our cars, there are hundreds of threads asking for this. I know I would buy a leather wrap for our center console, doesn't even have to be stitched, just simple leather that is cut to fit that I can glue or what ever.
Like this (but stitching not needed)
Thank you for taking the time to reply

I am a Corvette guy yes and thats 90 percent of our business. We are now becoming very popular with our double din conversions with all you great Fbody customers so we are looking to expand into the market to offer the services such as interior upgrades like the leather or maybe even vinyl for all you guys as well
Old 08-20-2011, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To a degree, with some things said, I did spend my $$ on the perf first, then body extras and last my int.

Right now I've got about 1200-1300 in a leather custom kit going into my TA. I'm redoing the white leather but with blue suede and custom door panels.

I'm so excited about it. I should have it in a couple weeks.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by RyanSws6
To a degree, with some things said, I did spend my $$ on the perf first, then body extras and last my int.

Right now I've got about 1200-1300 in a leather custom kit going into my TA. I'm redoing the white leather but with blue suede and custom door panels.

I'm so excited about it. I should have it in a couple weeks.
Would love to see your pics.

Here is a C5 radio bezel with Electron Blue Paint and half leather wrap we did for one of the guys who already had the performance end handled
Old 08-20-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you could do the Gauge bezel part of the dash, and the center console, Id be interested, depending on price.

EDIT:Especially interested in the center console.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Id be all over this at a reasonable price ..
Old 08-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned

I'd be interested in a Alcantara type fabric not leather or whatever. I would like my dash and steering column and door panels wrapped in it. all black.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

The results do look great, and Id probably settle for vinyl (for the right price). I just cant justify putting that much cash in the interior of a inexpensive car that I don't intend to use as a showpiece. The only thing I could see putting $1200 cash in bulk down for, is a performance mod. Also, the quote is just for the door panels, I imagine a whole setup (seats, bezels, dash, console) is possibly in the $8000 range.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is what I've been looking for!!! I called a shop in NJ and sent them pics hoping to have my dash and other pieces wrapped in alcantara and they quoted me at around 4 grand for pretty much just the dash.

I want to do it eventually but have a lot of other things on my wish list first.

I am definitely interested in having whatever I can done by you guys because unlike most others who've chimed in I know your prices are well within reason. The quality is obviously there and you could pay the same for shottier work. Why settle?

I'd would be interested in sending you guys my panels as a test set or whatever. Let me know if you could work out a deal or something of the sorts.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBird346
If you could do the Gauge bezel part of the dash, and the center console, Id be interested, depending on price.

EDIT:Especially interested in the center console.
WILL WORK ON GETTING A CONSOLE IN TO GET COST FIGURED OUT

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by cemlsx
Id be all over this at a reasonable price ..
We will do our best to pass on the best pricing we can for all of you.

Thanks for looking and your input
Dennis
Old 08-20-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
The results do look great, and Id probably settle for vinyl (for the right price). I just cant justify putting that much cash in the interior of a inexpensive car that I don't intend to use as a showpiece. The only thing I could see putting $1200 cash in bulk down for, is a performance mod. Also, the quote is just for the door panels, I imagine a whole setup (seats, bezels, dash, console) is possibly in the $8000 range.

Vinyl is not goignt o make to much of a difference in price to be honest. Most of this is in the itme and expense of sewing and putting the leather on so it looks perfect.

AGAIN
the prices I posted were the C5 Corvette door panels. I used that as a guide to show you what the process cost

We will figure out the cost for you guys on these and post it soon
Old 08-20-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by templeu_ws6
this is what i've been looking for!!! I called a shop in nj and sent them pics hoping to have my dash and other pieces wrapped in alcantara and they quoted me at around 4 grand for pretty much just the dash.

I want to do it eventually but have a lot of other things on my wish list first.

I am definitely interested in having whatever i can done by you guys because unlike most others who've chimed in i know your prices are well within reason. The quality is obviously there and you could pay the same for shottier work. Why settle?

I'd would be interested in sending you guys my panels as a test set or whatever. Let me know if you could work out a deal or something of the sorts.

pm sent:d
Old 08-21-2011, 07:42 AM

thanks everyone for the input
Old 08-21-2011, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Subscribing
Old 08-21-2011, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks like you do some top notch stuff. I know in the corvette porsche world it's all about the stitch and how straight or clean it follows the item being wrapped. That's hard and that requires skill and time so it costs more.

This market is a little different I would say. A simpler wrap only that looks clean without all the effort on the stitch could be a winner. Use stitch as an accent feature not as part of the overall flow. Also just plain wrapping service might work too
Old 08-21-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed! and very intrested!

Quick Reply: Leather interior upgrades for the Camaro and Firebirds / TA