Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

WSQ Hood!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like his car a lot personally. It's refreshing to see something besides a WS6 hood and C5 wheels on a Trans Am. I like going against the grain. My last TA was an red LT1 WS6 with gunmetal accents. Not red and black like everyone else. And now I have a black TA vert with gunmetal ZO6 spyders and have a carbon fiber splitter and diffuser waiting to go on. As far as I know I'm the only black TA vert in the area, initially I was mocked but eventually everyone I know liked it because its something you don't see everyday. Keep up the good work op
Old 01-12-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I love the hood, wheels are bad ***, head lights are cool too.
Surprised at people "hatin" on your car.
I say you got a car to be proud of, nice job. Sounds like your going to make it better with the T1 also.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Launching!

When you drive around with a black hood on a silver car the general public thinks you just bought yourself a hood and put it on before YOU had the funds to paint it body color. but if you're happy with it congrats.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any hood manufacturer recommends driving around like that for a while to let the gel coat cure
Old 01-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Launching!

I did not know that. But what I said about the general public's perception I still believe to be true. I remember the posts when the guy was first designing this hood. many people were saying that they didnt like it. many suggested removing the side vents. many suggested changing the angle of the vents in the scoops. overall it seemd that most people in that thread didn't like it. And now that it's on this dude's car everyone likes it somehow.

I didnt mean to troll. I've been keeping up with this for a while and was only trying to put out a different perspective on this. I admit I should have chosen my words better, but I meant no disrespect. Forgive me. I'll do better.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by homerz28
I didnt mean to troll. I've been keeping up with this for a while and was only trying to put out a different perspective on this. I admit I should have chosen my words better, but I meant no disrespect. Forgive me. I'll do better.
Cant decide if you are being sarcastic...

Either way, VFN recommends letting the hood cure, either on the car of off but either way, its not fully cured when you get it and driving around with it on the car just speeds up the process I guess.. I have had mine on since June I think. I cant decide how to paint it. Doesnt look terrible since my car is red on black (like EVERYONE else).....
Old 01-13-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what does a ricer do? he puts every single thing on his car that he can in order to scream for attention. these cars look awesome stock.
Ya they look awesome stock if you got a WS.6 like we do, but if you got a regular Trans Am/formula like he had then they don't look so great hence the reason everyone buys a hood. To me personally if you don't have a WS.6 then you need to buy an aftermarket hood and I'm willing to bet you'd agree with me on that. And he probably bought the lights for more practical reasons over aesthetic b/c of GM's shitty designed headlight motors.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
Ya they look awesome stock if you got a WS.6 like we do, but if you got a regular Trans Am/formula like he had then they don't look so great hence the reason everyone buys a hood. To me personally if you don't have a WS.6 then you need to buy an aftermarket hood and I'm willing to bet you'd agree with me on that. And he probably bought the lights for more practical reasons over aesthetic b/c of GM's shitty designed headlight motors.
I agree 100% buddy. In my humble opinion though, the ground effects take it a bit over the edge.

Last edited by homerz28; 01-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guess im going to be the only one to agree with homer, the OP's car is far too busy for me, the hood painted body color would help it alot. Always hated the non-body colored hood thing myself....

Not a fan of the lights either....

AGAIN.....JMHO
Old 01-14-2012, 12:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
Ya they look awesome stock if you got a WS.6 like we do, but if you got a regular Trans Am/formula like he had then they don't look so great hence the reason everyone buys a hood. To me personally if you don't have a WS.6 then you need to buy an aftermarket hood and I'm willing to bet you'd agree with me on that.
+1

My TA Before:

My TA After:

Old 01-14-2012, 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

Qcon-hands down one of the best trans ams out there.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Vfntech, can you design the smoothy hood without the little side vents?
Old 01-14-2012, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Qcon where did you get the splitter?
Old 01-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Teching In

QCON thats badass...i was wanting the burnt orange TA but now i think i want it all black
Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ttt for an answer
Old 01-14-2012, 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 97badass
Qcon where did you get the splitter?
It's a 6LE splitter that I modified with a cut-out notch at the center.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree 100% buddy. In my humble opinion though, the ground effects take it a bit over the edge.
I do agree with ya though that Trans Am's don't even need gfx really, but I personally still think they look good and that's why I do like em b/c they do look different. The one thing I love about my car is that it's pretty much perfect in stock trim but that's also the one thing I hate about it to b/c there's really not that much to do to personalize it where it stands out more from other T/A's. I feel like if you've seen one T/A, you've seen em all, I guess that's just why I like that style so much.

Originally Posted by Qcon
+1
^ And your cars right there side by side to Wing Zer0's in my book Qcon, perfection at it's best when it comes to style! I think you'all need to get together and do a photoshoot shoot/vid, would love to see a beautifully edited vid of your two cars racing.

Last edited by Snake_Skinner; 01-15-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Quick Reply: WSQ Hood!