Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What do you think of my car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quit worrying if everyone else likes your car and do what you like.

Just sayin.....
Old 09-03-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its a starting point, but it needs to not be stock looking!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cobra2WS6
Its a starting point, but it needs to not be stock looking!
This.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of you guys are being too critical. The wheels look fine. Replace the broken grill, polish the headlights with a headlight restoration kit from Meguiars or similar (forgot to say that earlier), paint the hood, and call it done. That'd be more than enough changes to make it a very nice car. Remove the CAMARO windshield banner if you don't like it. There's nothing wrong with your brakes so I don't see why you should change them at all.

If you want the car to look unique, you could get some white hockey stick stripe decals like the Berger/ZL1 cars had and paint the wheels white. Take advantage of not having a black roof like a Z28 and do a cool purple and white theme.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus those wheels are freakin' terrible, the ugliest wheels Corvette's came out with, sorry dude, change the wheels, repaint whole car or just paint the hood the same body color, lower da God, tint, remove Camaro sticker, shorten your antenna, your good to go.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Not really sure why I wouldn't be critical if he's asking for honesty. Its all opinions and everybody has a different solution for the same problem.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

I hate the wheels and the camaro banner... Paint the hood to match the car and I wouldn't change the color of the car.. Don't see too many purple ones.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I've always thought the early C5 wagon wheels look better on Camaros than they do on Vettes. With that said, your car needs to be lowered... BAD!!! For the brake calipers, I would go with chrome paint. They won't actually look like chrome, but more like a really bright and vibrant silver.

It would also be a good idea to clean your interior before taking pictures of it. I really don't know what your intent was by posting dirty interior pictures, for I see nothing that makes it stand out from any other stock Camaro. I'm guessing this thread isn't exactly going the way you expected. Did you just recently buy this car or something? I also wouldn't let other's opinion be your basis on whether or not you should keep your car.

If you're looking for ways to jazz up your car a bit, I suggest you use the 'Search' button and peruse the many picture filled threads here to help give you some ideas on what's available in the aftermarket world for your car.

Welcome to the site.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by carlos64030
I've always thought the early C5 wagon wheels look better on Camaros than they do on Vettes. With that said, your car needs to be lowered... BAD!!! For the brake calipers, I would go with chrome paint. They won't actually look like chrome, but more like a really bright and vibrant silver.

It would also be a good idea to clean your interior before taking pictures of it. I really don't know what your intent was by posting dirty interior pictures, for I see nothing that makes it stand out from any other stock Camaro. I'm guessing this thread isn't exactly going the way you expected. Did you just recently buy this car or something? I also wouldn't let other's opinion be your basis on whether or not you should keep your car.

If you're looking for ways to jazz up your car a bit, I suggest you use the 'Search' button and peruse the many picture filled threads here to help give you some ideas on what's available in the aftermarket world for your car.

Welcome to the site.
The seat arents stained its shade its very sunny where i live the seats are in perfect condition picture got that way from the sun and the door being open like 3/4 open so half the seat got shade not a stain!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love that color soooooooo much!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by swavely
The seat arents stained its shade its very sunny where i live the seats are in perfect condition picture got that way from the sun and the door being open like 3/4 open so half the seat got shade not a stain!

I never mentioned anything about your seats.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep the purple paint. That's a rare color. Get the hood painted, get rid of the "Camaro" windshield banner, get rid of the Corvette "wagon" wheels, maybe get an SS spoiler to match your hood. Lower the car and paint the calipers silver.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm Im with alot of ppl on this one. Wheels gotta go. Calipers flat or semi gloss black, camaro banner gone, lowered, and a good detail.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just take a look at the appearance threads in the section as well as the multimedia section. This way you can get an idea of things others have done to their cars.

Take a look at the following purple threads as well:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/chevrolet...ro-rs-z28.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/chevrolet...e-camaros.html

Lastly, if I took your car as it was sitting I'd do the following:

Remove the windshield banner
Full detail (inside and out)
Polish the haze out of the headlights
Paint the hood -- actually, I'd get rid of the SS hood and go back to stock. I've not been a fan of SS hoods on non-SS cars, especially since this one is a V6
Replace the front grille with a someone's old stock grille
Black "CAMARO" rear vinyl insert
Tint
Paint the calipers black or just clean them up
ZR1 wheels
Lower it

Those are all very affordable and will completely clean the aesthetics up. It's a V6, so don't even bother trying to make it faster. Keep it clean so you can sell it to some new sucker who thinks it's sweet -- and then get yourself a LS1

Last edited by demonspeed; 09-03-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

another i need attention thread?
Old 09-03-2011, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont see any pics..
Old 09-04-2011, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1Vince
another i need attention thread?
This...

Quick Reply: What do you think of my car?