Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What aftermarket 1993-02 Fbody Seats are best????

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpatton
The corbueu seats look comfy. And everything but I hate the lines. Unless you have the backseat delete they look bad imo. The lines stand out way to.much going the opposite direction. Just my .02
They are very comfortable. As for the back seats, I am not getting rid of them, but do plan on getting all the seats custom upholstered in the future so that was the plan.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

best seats for me are the firebird formula power seats. i have corbeaus in the camaro

Name:  CORBEAUSEATS.jpg
Views: 16298
Size:  45.6 KB
Old 08-22-2014, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb Do these seats have a belt strap guide?

Originally Posted by UnVMySS
I have the corbeau sport seats in my ss. Love them.
Hello there, I was thinking of getting these same Corbeau sport racing seats for my daily driver 1997 Trans Am WS6. I tried to find someone who could re-upholster my driver side leather/vinyl seat but apparently they claim that they couldn't save the plastic side "fins" from damage and that the vinyl material is sewn into them... So reluctantly I must go aftermarket and dump my factory trans am seats to the curb.

I have a question about the Corbeau seats you have. I don't see the belt strap ring that guides the seat belt at the head rest. Are there any problems when you have the seat belt locked like it cuts across your neck or anything? I don't want to order these seats and run across this problem. I would hate to source my factory guides and drill them to the Corbeau sport seats.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can just add our seat belt guides to them...

Name:  100_7362.jpg
Views: 12867
Size:  1.16 MB

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=166

If you want seats we have some available again...

Name:  HoodPainted58.jpg
Views: 15875
Size:  115.4 KB

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...products_id=67

...and we can customize them

Name:  SeatCovers19.jpg
Views: 13353
Size:  115.5 KB

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=259
Old 08-23-2014, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
best seats for me are the firebird formula power seats. i have corbeaus in the camaro

Are these seats comfortable during long drives?
Old 08-23-2014, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Exclamation Alright!

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
You can just add our seat belt guides to them...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=166

If you want seats we have some available again...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...products_id=67

...and we can customize them

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=259

I didn't see this product on your website being sold individually. I just thought that it was only a part of your seat covers. Yes this is what I need for the Corbeau daily driver sport seats. I am not sure I can get this safely sewn to the Corbeau leather seats but I could ask and see. I just hope that 3M adhesive tape will be strong enough. Thanks for having these products available!

I won't get the new seats in until April for my 30th birthday as a gift to myself. I will also have to get an ebony seat cover for the rear seats that matches the style of the Corbeau sport seats. Its exciting to think about how the car will look with a two tone black/dark grey interior. I will definitely post pics.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Corbeau LG1-s in my SS, I love them, they are surprisingly comfortable even being a bigger guy.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix'97
I didn't see this product on your website being sold individually. I just thought that it was only a part of your seat covers. Yes this is what I need for the Corbeau daily driver sport seats. I am not sure I can get this safely sewn to the Corbeau leather seats but I could ask and see. I just hope that 3M adhesive tape will be strong enough. Thanks for having these products available!

I won't get the new seats in until April for my 30th birthday as a gift to myself. I will also have to get an ebony seat cover for the rear seats that matches the style of the Corbeau sport seats. Its exciting to think about how the car will look with a two tone black/dark grey interior. I will definitely post pics.
The 3M has to be INDUSTRIAL and even then you're better off with a leather glue or best option have them sewn on. any upholsterer can do it with the seats cover still on... Usually $20-$30 for the pair.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:59 AM
TECH Regular

Cool More to tell!

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
The 3M has to be INDUSTRIAL and even then you're better off with a leather glue or best option have them sewn on. any upholsterer can do it with the seats cover still on... Usually $20-$30 for the pair.
Oh believe me, I would prefer to have them sewn in! I want the seats to look as if they were factory installed. Also, only the rear seats will get covers. I was thinking maybe the Camaro style, something boxy patterned that compliments the Corbeau sport seats in ebony. Then it also dawned on me that I will want to get door panel inserts in ebony that also have a rectangular pattern to them...like the 30th anniversary Trans Am door panel inserts.

Also I managed to find an expert F-body upholsterer in Florida. He has pictures on his site of successfully re-upholstering the factory Trans Am seats. I talked with him and yes it can be done, contrary to what my local upholsterer said about the job. However he is going to charge me a ton to work on my car seat and sadly for what it might end up costing me in the end, I will be better off just trashing the factory seats and buying the Corbeau's with rear seat covers and door panel inserts to match...

Last edited by Phoenix'97; 08-30-2014 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Someone tampered with my post
Old 05-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UnVMySS
I have the corbeau sport seats in my ss. Love them.
hey man really thinking about getting these.. think you can give me some info on where and how much you bought them? how was the installation
and some other pics would be nice 😅
Old 05-04-2015, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I went with. Remember not all seats work for all. Have to pick the seat for your build. Large people (Width) won't fit in these seats. Perfect seat for one person is the WORST seat for another.

Last edited by blaine123; 05-04-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Blaine, can you PM me where you got those seats?

Quick Reply: What aftermarket 1993-02 Fbody Seats are best????