Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I am not sure where to post this but I just realized my dash is cracked.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 07:45 PM
PR Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry I am not sure where to post this but I just realized my dash is cracked.

I was detailing my car the other day and I found a little hairline crack right about the passenger air bag. Is there anything I could use to fill it to prevent it from spreading? Or do I have to purchase a whole new upper piece for the dash? What are you guys using on your dashed to prevent them from cracking?
Old 03-10-2004, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can help ya as I've had that exact crack...

I'm On my third dash on my 02 hawk the problem for me was that the would replace the dash under warrentee.. but not see why the dash cracked.. so when I got the car back, there was still a "bump" above the passenger airbag ..which would crack again.. I would tel the dealer this the first time... but they missed the problem..

The second time they found that a clip that holds the dash on, above the passenger airbag, was too tall compared to another clip nearby, thus causing the bump and eventual crack, so they ended up cutting the clip to match the height of the other one... in short no way you can stop the crack i f you are still under warrentee, they will replace it for free but if your not ... expect to dish out lots of serious $$$ for the replacement $1000-$2500 (upper part of the dash - it's not called the dash technically)

it is held on with a combination of velcro and clips .. pretty damned cheap system for such an expensive low-quality part

good luck ... make sure to check out the clips, when it is off otherwise you'll be in the same boat again .. like I was
Old 03-10-2004, 05:04 PM
PR Director

I am not under warrentee anymore . How do I take the upper piece off to check the clips? Hopefully I can find someone parting out a car and can get that piece fairly cheap.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:01 PM
PR Director

ttt...
Old 03-17-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sux about the warrenty i got the same problem on my SS i'd look on e bay seen them on e bay for 50$ so i'd look there that all the help i can be there is also a couple of f body junk yards
Old 03-17-2004, 04:31 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Clips and Velco? How cheap is that?

Quick Reply: I am not sure where to post this but I just realized my dash is cracked.