Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Modernizing T/A interior? (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Doesn't look that bad, however, I would just leave it alone. No need in trying to make the car's interior look like something that it's not.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually think if you want to make a car look modern , just improve its flaws instead of putting crap you dont need on there ..

exterior wise that would be rims , HID`s etc , interior wise double DIN setups , good stereo , nice seats etc.. I already have the double din and stereo part covered , and I`ll be getting a wrapped center console and shift/handbrake boot next ..
new door panels and stuff can be found from out sponsors , 6LE seats seem nice and are quite affordable..

you can keep it simple , yet have a nice looking interior , you dont want heated seats in a F-body do you ?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IMO, the Camaro's interior's not the best. I like the T/A's because of the circle vents and door panels, the Camaro's vents and door panels look old to me, but it's probably just because I own a T/A so I'm used to it
Old 11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Latch
Get a double DIN headunit and swap out the shift **** with something nicer. I know some people have gotten the Trailblazer shift **** to work.
Have to get the right **** as they used a couple different ones. The one in my 02 Trailblazer LS for example is pretty bland and doesn't look any better IMO. But yes, the right TB **** looks pretty good.

I have most of my suspension, exterior, and several parts of my interior of my next Camaro planned out... And I don't even have the Camaro yet
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

the trans am interior is actually good design just needs to be wrapped to improve it along with new hu, but the stock trans am seats are good
Old 11-29-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm with Zex, I've always tried to think up what would be a cool, tasteful way to modernize the interior but the use of cheap ABS plastic that 80% of the interior consists of kills a lot of it. If I had a lot of extra cash, I would look into finding a company that can remold the stock pieces with higher quality components, that would definitely go a long way towards improving the appearance.

Couple that with some updated gauges, some nicer HVAC ***** like the ones pictured, a few other small details (Maybe wrap the seats in REAL black leather) and I think it'd probably look pretty damn good.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:02 AM
12 Second Club

+1 on the Trans Am seats and door panels looking better. I swapped them into my camaro! All part of my modernization project, and 408 swap
Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I mean most people would agree that the design isnt that bad , its just the damn cheap looks of it ..
there was a thread where someone was doing a custom designed center console but I think that would be too much hassle for an average guy (including myself) , maybe in 10 years though ..
Old 11-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cemlsx
I mean most people would agree that the design isnt that bad , its just the damn cheap looks of it ..
there was a thread where someone was doing a custom designed center console but I think that would be too much hassle for an average guy (including myself) , maybe in 10 years though ..
Might be this one you're talking about:
Attached Thumbnails Modernizing T/A interior? (PICS)-lt4vertb.jpg   Modernizing T/A interior? (PICS)-lt4vertc.jpg   Modernizing T/A interior? (PICS)-lt4vertd.jpg  
Old 11-30-2011, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tiresmokeLS1
Might be this one you're talking about:
Sir what thread is this from??

If I had ANY idea how to go about finding a company that could replicate the interior pieces, but with a better quality material, I'd totally do it.

Too bad the Trans Am couldn't live on a bit longer, it could have done what the new Dodge Charge just did. It went from cheap plastic to a nicer, higher quality material for the newest style models
Old 11-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Launching!

The air vents I love. What car did you get them from?? I'm thinking a Pontiac G6.....?? Do tell.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Resident

nice ...
Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
If I had ANY idea how to go about finding a company that could replicate the interior pieces, but with a better quality material, I'd totally do it.
Many upholstery shops can do it, for the right price. Expect to pay well over $1,000.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Many upholstery shops can do it, for the right price. Expect to pay well over $1,000.
They can create whole new pieces or just wrap them? **** I don't even know why I'm asking, I can't begin to imagine what a good way to modernize the interior would be
Old 12-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by notnilc20
The air vents I love. What car did you get them from?? I'm thinking a Pontiac G6.....?? Do tell.
Excuse me Mr. OP....what car did you get the air vents from? PLEASE.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by notnilc20
excuse me mr. Op....what car did you get the air vents from? Please.

+1...
Old 12-01-2011, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
They can create whole new pieces or just wrap them? **** I don't even know why I'm asking, I can't begin to imagine what a good way to modernize the interior would be
Excuse my extremely amateur not-to-scale rough-and-dirty unfinished childish sketch, but this is the first style that popped to mind... BMW/MBZ influence much? I like to think so... But for all I know it could be closer to Kia or Honda. The things to the left and the right of the gauge cluster could be switches, lights, or gauges. The thing under the HVAC would be a spring loaded pop-out deep tray for things like coins - alternatively could be a folding door similar to what late 90s Mercedes sedans had, with embellishments/styling edges to the left and right of the whole radio/hvac panel. Some of the goals would be the increased usable gauge/display area, more leg room for both passenger and driver, and a more powerful HVAC blower motor.

Last edited by ZexGX; 12-01-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

It would be nice, but so much fabrication would be needed... I don't think I want to know how much work (and $$$$$) would be needed to go into something like this
Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yup .. most of us cant even afford to have the interior wrapped , others can but cant justify the price , so that much fabrication would be way out of our leagues ..

At a reasonable price , interior pieces would sell like a **** though ..
Someone should find a way to make this stuff for cheap .
Old 12-01-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's it going to take to put a digital HVAC like the vette in the T/A?

Quick Reply: Modernizing T/A interior? (PICS)