Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

2002 Camaro Interior vs. 2010 Camaro Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode in the backseat of a new 5.0 while my buddy test drove it and it was very impressive. I had an 03 Mach 1 so it had that same kind of full 6800 RPM thrust but of course it was quicker. The suspension felt very tight and composed. And I tell ya, Ford has made a nice sounding stock exhaust, it sounded mean from inside the car. He didn't buy it but I'm working on him, if he buys it I can drive it whenever I want. lol
Old 12-31-2011, 04:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
i do plan to test drive a 5.0 , i think there great cars,i have been on this 03 cobra kick for awhile so i think if i do get another car it will be one of those,i have driven a 05 gt and int was nice, had a nice ride to it but no performance what so ever
Bobs99SS: 1. Thanks for the nice comments on my interior. 2. The 03 Cobra is a super fun car to drive, but the interior leather wears quick. My dad has one. His Cobra has 35K miles on it (he's in his 70's and doesn't drive it too much), but the driver seat has already ripped once and needed replacement. The fabric on the seats isn't durable. The seats and interior on the new 10+ Mustangs are very nice and seem to be made from more robust material. Not a Ford fan myself, but I won't deny the new Stang is a pretty product.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I'm not in the market for a new Camaro since I usually buy used "toys" I'm already planning for what I may get a few years down the road. A used 5th Gen is not on my future used car list for many of the reasons listed above. I may have been able to deal with the bad interior or the lack of outward visibility, but together it's a deal killer. I'll probably end up keeping my current 4th Gen as long as I can and maybe get a used Vette.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way you'll find me in a new Camaro is if I won lotto and bought 20 cars. Even then I probably would buy something else. Hell, I'd much rather build an LS1 from the ground up than be in one of those tank's. Don't get me wrong, I like them.. but not my first choice.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Teching In

5th gen over 4th gen any day of the week.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will say the driving position isn't bad, but i'm pretty short and I just felt like I couldn't see over the dash and hood. I mean 4th gens have long dashes and hoods but they aren't up as high and in the way.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Imo 4th gen interior is much better then the 5th gen , 5th gen interior looks tacky , cheap translucent plastic that should be in a ricer Honda
I went to test drive one , was considering buying a 2010 ss but soon as I sat in it I wanted nothing to do with the car , I did not even test drive it
I really want a zl1 too but this damn interior is killing it for me
Old 01-08-2012, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwitchZ28
I will say the driving position isn't bad, but i'm pretty short and I just felt like I couldn't see over the dash and hood. I mean 4th gens have long dashes and hoods but they aren't up as high and in the way.
I completely agree with this. Im 6'3 and in the 5th gen it does feel like im driving my old dodge truck with a chopped roof and sitting on the floor. I thought blind spots in a semi truck were bad....
Old 01-08-2012, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

I am not sure what some of you are smoking. I have both cars, my 2010 has 20k miles on it. The WHOLE car is 100X nicer. The car not only feels more solid but it doesnt squeak, rattle, pop...nothing. The leather on the seats is much higher quality than 4th gen leather, yeah it takes a while to get used to the blind spots but its like anything...you get used to it.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

T
Originally Posted by Stangkilr
I am not sure what some of you are smoking. I have both cars, my 2010 has 20k miles on it. The WHOLE car is 100X nicer. The car not only feels more solid but it doesnt squeak, rattle, pop...nothing. The leather on the seats is much higher quality than 4th gen leather, yeah it takes a while to get used to the blind spots but its like anything...you get used to it.
This.
Been driving 4th gens since 97. I drove a v6 5th gen and was overly impressed by the interior. I could care less for the mustangs interior or performance. Hp improvement is a simple fix. the interior is not gonna sway my decision to buy a performance car.
If I wanted a luxury interior in my car.
I will buy me 745i or a ctsv. But I dont,so I aint.
Never take any other car over any ls powered car. Thats me
Old 01-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i couldnt agree more, i think the 5th gen is a world apart from a 4th gen, i dont know how you can compare a 4th to a 5th, is a huge upgrade imo, like i said it feels better,seating is better,more room, every issue the 4th gen has isnt a issue with the 5th gen,yes you can make upgrades to a 4th but its still an older car with older car issues, i love my 4th gen but i just dont see how anyone can say a 4th gen has better int, better ext looks imo yes, after driving a modded one better performance but i hate the int

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro Interior vs. 2010 Camaro Interior