Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

macewen overlays or NR overlays

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one is giving him a hard time I just asked some simple questions and he answered them. I agree with you I didn't think of it that way. You guys got to look out for yourselfs sometimes.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by J LT1 TA
lol why are you guys giving Mark a hard time? How does he know it was a good overlay you bought used and then it bubbled on you. Maybe you guys are hoping to buy a 50.00 bubbled overlay and have mark do it for free and change some designs for you. So you can save 200.00

lol you don't see Koni giving away free shocks to everyone that bought a good pair used and then they took a ****. Get real.

Keep up the good work Mark.
Shocks are a wearable item, since when is an overlay a wearable item. Big difference.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Shocks are a wearable item, since when is an overlay a wearable item. Big difference.
An overlay is a wearable item if it's installed, then removed, then reinstalled at a later time.
If you go to a vinyl shop and have stripes/decals installed on your car, decide you dont like them, you think the vinyl shop is going to take them back or refund you the money?

Although, 6LE's overlay is NOT a vinyl/decal, it's still got adhesive that really wasn't meant to be reinstalled multiple times.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, I did not post this for a pissing match I was just wanting answers on the overlays in the title. I went with the macewen Silver overlays and TA bezel should get it this week. Also ordered some LEDs to replace the cluster bulbs. Will post some pics once installed.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
you sir, missed the point.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cajunss
wow, I did not post this for a pissing match I was just wanting answers on the overlays in the title. I went with the macewen Silver overlays and TA bezel should get it this week. Also ordered some LEDs to replace the cluster bulbs. Will post some pics once installed.
You won't be disappointed! The hardest part is taking the cluster out of the dash. Some tips are to tilt the steering wheel all the way down, then un-screw the steering wheel tilt lever and the cluster will come out a little easier...still takes finding just the right angle to get it out though...
Also with the LEDs, if they don't light up the first time, turn them around in the holder and re-install (LEDs are polarity +/- sensitive and regular bulbs are not).

Also if you want to customize a little more you can add some small vinyl decals. I got some form Brent Franker http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm (scroll down about half way) and they really add that extra little touch.

Last edited by zfastss; 01-08-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

^^Careful when considering vinyl decals on SILVER Macewen overlays. If you leave them on for a while and decide to remove them later on, an outline of the decal will remain on the overlay...
Old 01-08-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
^^Careful when considering vinyl decals on SILVER Macewen overlays. If you leave them on for a while and decide to remove them later on, an outline of the decal will remain on the overlay...
Ill bet macewen replaces them though once you take them off and install them on another car.

Nothing wrong with Marks Policy. Its not that hes looking out for himself, its call logic.

NOTE: this post is meant toward you Ls1CamaroGuy87, your quote just worked to prove the point further.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

^^ I completely agree with Mark's policy. When I screwed up my first set of Macewen overlays by removing some old decals, I bought a new set.
My .02 cent in this thread has nothing to do with the skewed replacement conversation. I'm simply warning anyone that is considering adding decals to their silver Macewens that they probably shouldn't remove them unless they want ugly outlines of what used to be.. lol
Anyway, I say Macewen or 6LE FTW. The only advantage that Macewens have over 6LE is that the needles do not need to be removed during install. Both sets are very easy to install, so one can't go wrong either way

Quick Reply: macewen overlays or NR overlays