Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My TA lowered with 20"

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012 | 06:25 PM
Launching!

Old 01-16-2012 | 05:29 AM
TECH Junkie
10 Year Member20 Year Member

If you paint the sail panel, you might as well get a replacement as well. Here's the only place you can get the replacements: http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...Path=166_22_39

More info about the shitty sail panels can be found here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...e-dummies.html
Old 01-16-2012 | 06:48 AM
Captain Double Post

Wheels look fine, ignore everyone.
i agree, its his ride if he wants to roll 20s i dont see the problem, i get a lil tired of the every car looks the same crap, i dont know if it gives you guys a lil ego boost to make fun of someones car, op dont mind some people, i feel if that wheel had a bigger lip in the rear with a lil taller tire it would get better feedback,i find it kinda odd that people can run 19s and everyone loves it ,but jump up to a 20 inch wheel and its hated on like crazy
Old 01-16-2012 | 06:57 AM
Launching!

screw the haters lol... I wouldn't run 20s but that's me, I never got into all the big wheel stuff.. car looks decent though, at least is not riding on stilts.. so that's a big +++ in my book
Old 01-16-2012 | 07:32 AM
Captain Double Post

i agree, if i ever get my car tubbed and my rear cut down im going to do 20s just for the hell of it lol
Old 01-16-2012 | 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
i agree, its his ride if he wants to roll 20s i dont see the problem, i get a lil tired of the every car looks the same crap, i dont know if it gives you guys a lil ego boost to make fun of someones car, op dont mind some people, i feel if that wheel had a bigger lip in the rear with a lil taller tire it would get better feedback,i find it kinda odd that people can run 19s and everyone loves it ,but jump up to a 20 inch wheel and its hated on like crazy
No one on here is holding is hand and smacking him on the wrist saying he better get rid of the wheels... That's what this part of the forum is for, suggestions. Some people have good taste, some people just want to spend all their money and act Badass. F-bodies (In my opinion) are not ment for show car's, and that kind of stupid ****, that's why there are people on this thread that say it looks like crap, or what you consider "A hater".. And it's little, not "lil". Please speak modern english.
Old 01-16-2012 | 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

I don't mind the 20"s, hell I have had 20" since 2003 on my T/A. But like mentioned previously, 235 is way too narrow, you will regret it after awhile of driving. I used to have 245 (stock t/a width) and it had horrible traction, now with 275 is better, but still would like to go wider on the rear. Maybe you can look into widening the rears if they offset allows you? But like others have said, if you like them, keep them, just my 2 cents from my experience.

here is a current pic of mine, lowered as well (a must if doing 20s).
Old 01-16-2012 | 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
how did you fit 20s? i thought my 18's were a lil big and my front tires still rub under cornering.
Because they are like 20x7...

OP you can magically fit a 315 on a tire that was designed for 235...
Old 01-17-2012 | 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vetteboy99
No one on here is holding is hand and smacking him on the wrist saying he better get rid of the wheels... That's what this part of the forum is for, suggestions. Some people have good taste, some people just want to spend all their money and act Badass. F-bodies (In my opinion) are not ment for show car's, and that kind of stupid ****, that's why there are people on this thread that say it looks like crap, or what you consider "A hater".. And it's little, not "lil". Please speak modern english.
How can you call someone else out on not speaking "modern english" when you capitalized the 'B' in badass and failed to capitalize the 'e' in English?
I also don't understand what you mean by "No one on here is holding is hand..."
'is hand' refers to what?
Your use of commas is also incorrect.
The first letter of the first word inside parentheses shouldn't be capitalized unless it is a proper noun.
When you say "...are not ment for show car's..." what does 'ment' mean? Why is the word 'car' possessive? What does that 'car' possess? I don't see a noun after that possesive 'car'.
An ellipse contains three periods (ex: ... ).
Finally, he isn't speaking at all. He is typing. I don't hear his voice.
Old 01-17-2012 | 03:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I bet if he said they are 19s most of you guys wouldn't give a ****
Old 01-17-2012 | 04:42 AM
On The Tree

IMO- This thread wasn't made for negative feedback and I think op is looking for positive input... So if you are in here to argue whose "English" is better, well I think you are a "little" off topic.

Dude if 20"s are your style, then I say GO for it!! It's your car and the way you create it is a style reflected upon yourself!
Old 01-17-2012 | 07:33 AM
Captain Double Post

yet another ego boost, im pretty sure everyone can read my post just fine, it gets old reading these dumbass post, wow you can spell better , i dont think i did bad and did it without looking like an ***, stay on topic man , just because you had a cold shower doesnt mean you need a internet ego boost

Last edited by BOBS99SS; 01-17-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: error
Old 01-17-2012 | 12:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Car looks clean but the rims are all wrong IMO. The rims the NBM T/A went with look better. It's your car though, so to hell what others think. I know some people don't like what I've done with my car but oh well; they didn't buy it!!
Old 01-17-2012 | 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by birdmaro
How can you call someone else out on not speaking "modern english" when you capitalized the 'B' in badass and failed to capitalize the 'e' in English?
I also don't understand what you mean by "No one on here is holding is hand..."
'is hand' refers to what?
Your use of commas is also incorrect.
The first letter of the first word inside parentheses shouldn't be capitalized unless it is a proper noun.
When you say "...are not ment for show car's..." what does 'ment' mean? Why is the word 'car' possessive? What does that 'car' possess? I don't see a noun after that possesive 'car'.
An ellipse contains three periods (ex: ... ).
Finally, he isn't speaking at all. He is typing. I don't hear his voice.
Lol good call out. I hate English, never did get the best of grades in it.

Commenting on appearance is though because if someone says it looks horrible and your proud of it then there pretty much attacking your taste of style. At the same time who want's to be lied to. Just gotta say what you think and be careful about it. Or, just prepared to be flamed

Nice wheel's OP, I personally don't care for "dubs" but they do alright for sure.
Old 01-17-2012 | 02:50 PM
Teching In

IMO like i stated before, the car looks great, i think the wheels are just a little to big, but that's just me(probably cause i run 18's). if your happy with them who cares what everyone else thinks, hints Not there car
Old 01-17-2012 | 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Car looks nice, so does the nbm ta
Most ppl have no problem with 19s but move up to 20s and its dum
I have 20s on my ta, and I get many compliments and looks.
It rides just as good as stock 16s. But looks way better imo. I just cruze around in the car, and normal posted speeds. The correct stance and wheel selection really set off these cars regardless of actual wheel size
Old 01-17-2012 | 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Kind of looks like too much wheel for the car, unless it's just the angle. Who cares though, car looks nice!

Got any more pics of it?
Old 01-17-2012 | 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say paint the sail panels and mirrors, since that's what you asked about. I'll spare you my opinion about the wheels.
Old 01-17-2012 | 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black00Z
I say paint the sail panels and mirrors, since that's what you asked about. I'll spare you my opinion about the wheels.
No. That **** looks so cheap. I have no idea why people do it.
Old 01-17-2012 | 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I personally wouldn't paint the sail panels or the mirrors.

Quick Reply: My TA lowered with 20"