Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Carbon Fiber on 4th gens

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

no offence o.p. but i honestly dont understand why people post threads like this... whats the point? the beauty of this hobby is do what you like and what you think looks good cause its your car.
The following users liked this post:
Coy (08-26-2022)
Old 01-29-2012, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
I agree to save weight. But carbon fiber targa tops and snail panels?
Well the carbon fiber targa is lighter and stronger then fiberglass or glass ttops , so it is a functional part and I much rather have cf over my head then anything else in the event of a wreak , ill hopefully be getting mine soon and I just installed a cf sail so it will match

Also Imo if your going to have cf anything it should be real , unlike all of this hydrodipping on interior part and vinyl wrap , which can be very tacky

Originally Posted by metalmilitia606
Carbon fiber is for race cars not street cars.
Maybe you need to send that memo to gm and bmw
Coy (08-26-2022)
Old 01-29-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
Well the carbon fiber targa is lighter and stronger then fiberglass or glass ttops , so it is a functional part and I much rather have cf over my head then anything else in the event of a wreak , ill hopefully be getting mine soon and I just installed a cf sail so it will match

Also Imo if your going to have cf anything it should be real , unlike all of this hydrodipping on interior part and vinyl wrap , which can be very tacky
I agree with the saving weight part, but to me if your buying it just to save weight why not paint it? Again, there is no doubt to the performance aspect of carbon fiber as far as weight and strenght go. I just dont think it doesn't look good on f-bodys.

Originally Posted by maxplusten
no offence o.p. but i honestly dont understand why people post threads like this... whats the point? the beauty of this hobby is do what you like and what you think looks good cause its your car.
I guess the same could be said about your response? No offense
Old 01-29-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Apperance Mods are based on personal preference.
Not everyone likes tin can race cars.
Coy (08-26-2022)
Old 01-29-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ not feeling it. But I bet that thing was a pretty penny.
Yeah I personally think that looks like trash.

Now the red car posted above with the CF grill looked alright. I don't like CF as a whole though, I think it looks tacky. And somewhat cheap, ironically.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, not a fan.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

My car is pewter/black so it can pull it off.

I have a carbon fiber lid... Going to have a couple interior pieces. I think it looks good and I like to think I have decent taste.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Like I stated above. The beauty of this hobby is creativity. The only person who has to like your car is you. Why sit here and bash what some people like cause you don't? It's a waste of time and won't change anyones opinions. So why offend the people Who do like it?
Old 01-29-2012, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
My car is pewter/black so it can pull it off.

I have a carbon fiber lid... Going to have a couple interior pieces. I think it looks good and I like to think I have decent taste.
Who makes a CF lid?

Originally Posted by maxplusten
Like I stated above. The beauty of this hobby is creativity. The only person who has to like your car is you. Why sit here and bash what some people like cause you don't? It's a waste of time and won't change anyones opinions. So why offend the people Who do like it?
Because I was curious? But I think your forgetting the fact that alot of this forum is opinion. If someone ask if they should do H/c or blower and I tell them h/c is better for a moderate amount of power vs maintenance/cost. That doesn't mean I'm going to get my panties in a wad when someone says supercharger.

People tell me they hate the grill on my car, oh well it came on the car when I bought it. Should I cry about it? No... Do I? Hell no... now please
Old 01-29-2012, 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

hey man, just offering my opinion... dont cry about it lol
Old 01-29-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

You tell me not to cry because your just offering your opinion, but you come in here telling me my thread is stupid because I'm doing the same thing you are... Yeah

P.S. Max your car is SUPER sexy .

Last edited by My6speedZ; 01-29-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Coy (08-26-2022)
Old 01-31-2012, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

i think on red,silver,black and blue cars can look good with small accents of it. other than that if it looks out of place but want the strength and weight...you kno "paint dose stick" to it so it will match your car color
Old 01-31-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Who makes a CF lid?

Because I was curious? But I think your forgetting the fact that alot of this forum is opinion. If someone ask if they should do H/c or blower and I tell them h/c is better for a moderate amount of power vs maintenance/cost. That doesn't mean I'm going to get my panties in a wad when someone says supercharger.

People tell me they hate the grill on my car, oh well it came on the car when I bought it. Should I cry about it? No... Do I? Hell no... now please
I have a CF lid, MTI used to make them. OK it's not real but I like the way it looks.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MasterV8
I have a CF lid, MTI used to make them. OK it's not real but I like the way it looks.
I have that lid as well...

CF, imo, looks good in moderation. little accents here and there look fine, but it can be easily overdone, hood, doors, fenders etc..on the outside...

Inside, i think that you can get away with doing ALOT more CF. A perfect example is the thread where the guy made his center console, radio bezel, door handle trims/ lock trims, and a few other pieces in CF and, again, imo, looked totally badass!

When i finish my interior i plan on using a CF fabric vynal for the rear around my cage and custom rear seat delete....
Old 01-31-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is the beauty of this hobby, you can do whatever you want and everyone is titled to their opinion. My whole car is a disagreement with everyone, I am pretty sure I am the only active Trans Am Vert in SoCal on the forums and public. Is it for everyone? No. Neither is that diffuser, but considering I got it for nothing for helping 6LITEREATER film a movie damn right Im going to run it. If im ever tired of it Its just 6 bolts to take it off and I can do the CETA mod in a cople hours. I have a CF splitter waiting to go on next.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just dont like the fake/hydrodipped stuff. I think the real stuff looks good if done right, especially if it has the flat finish(dry carbon?).
Old 01-31-2012, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blk98Vert
That is the beauty of this hobby, you can do whatever you want and everyone is titled to their opinion. My whole car is a disagreement with everyone, I am pretty sure I am the only active Trans Am Vert in SoCal on the forums and public. Is it for everyone? No. Neither is that diffuser, but considering I got it for nothing for helping 6LITEREATER film a movie damn right Im going to run it. If im ever tired of it Its just 6 bolts to take it off and I can do the CETA mod in a cople hours. I have a CF splitter waiting to go on next.
Get me sum dem splitters thangs.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlueBird346
especially if it has the flat finish(dry carbon?).
Dry carbon would be the correct term.

I do not have any CF on my car. I however think it looks great when done properly. Hydro dipping and DI-noc type stuff can look great too. All good things in moderation I suppose.

Saying "I don't like the look of carbon fiber on 4th gens" is akin to "I don't like the color red on 4th gens". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO, CF grill and door sills look good on a NBM car.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 02-08-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

It can look good, if it's tastefully done. I saw a red T/A on here that had CF badges/overlays, looked great.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber on 4th gens