Sponsored by: DashLynx

Swapping gauge faces

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping gauge faces

Hey guys,

If I order a replacement gauge cluster off ebay or something that is identical to mine, can I swap the factory gauge faces for one another? I messed up my current gauge face and want to order another cluster and swap the gauge faces so I can use a factory gauge face that isnt f*cked up. Is this possible? Its a 2000 camaro. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well as far as rather it will light up right or not i cant say for sure... but after switching to a 6LE overlay i took my factory overlay and put it on a v6 camaro cluster (that i used to get the outer housing) and it still looks as good as it did in the car. I turned it into a wall piece in my living room and had eventually planed to light it up (never got around to it) but as far as the actual swaping of the gauges, i dont see any reason you couldnt. The backs on mine wernt messed up at all when i took them off.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

yes it is glued on. i have replaced mine when i had my SS.

i no longer have it tho, i do still have the stock GM overlay in perfect condition, $55 shipped if interested..

Old 02-05-2012, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

so the overlay is only held in with glue? how do you remove the overlays? i tried searching for a write up on replacing overlays but couldnt find anything......
Old 02-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00MaroVSix
so the overlay is only held in with glue? how do you remove the overlays? i tried searching for a write up on replacing overlays but couldnt find anything......
yepp. just remove the needles and peel the old off. quite simple. just remember to put the needles back on exactly where they were.

Quick Reply: Swapping gauge faces