Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Coming Soon: BLS 98-02 Firebird Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit V.2

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Whats the true benefits of this over the original kit you offered?
Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Odd. No update reply update received. Sorry for the late reply.

Originally Posted by craigsws6
How long before these are out?
Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
+1 . . . .
No target date at this time. We are busy building other headlight kits but this is at the top of the list of projects to finish when we get a free moment.

Originally Posted by mac62989
Whats the true benefits of this over the original kit you offered?
Generally speaking, while the 60mm Hella is a great all around projector (weather sealed, good light output, overall versatility, robust construction), a bi-xenon projector will provide not only low but high beam HID light output in the same unit. The MH1 bi-xenon projector outperforms the Hella 60mm as you can see from the pics. It does look brighter right in front of the car with the Hella but the MH1 will give you more light down the road. The bi-xenon feature will also provide superior performance when you hit the highs.

This is not to say the 60mm units are dogs but like anything else, we are looking to improve the design at time goes on. As already mentioned, the setup is close to complete but since the MH1 projector is not sealed like the Hella, we need to thoroughly test everything before we start selling. We are also doing a simple yet effective shroud so the setup looks proper.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Any update? I'm planning on holding out until these Bi-Xenons come out...
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Badass.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

How about a a RX330 / AFS HID Low Beam Projector and a Halogen High Beam projector?

Or maybe sell brackets/plates and empty housings for those that want to do their own custom setups?
Old 11-20-2012, 09:59 PM
FormerVendor

As of now , the bixenon setup is still in the works. We have the mounting and shroud all finished so we have the right look but still looking for a more elegant solution to seal these all up. We have a set of RX projectors from a 2011 car so we are looking into those as well. They seem to have the right dimensions. We are just about recovered from hurricane Sandy so we will have time to finish the next version up.

We thought of a DIY setup with maybe just brackets anodized or powdercoated however there was honestly limited interest. If this changes we can look into it for sure.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would be interested in the brackets/plates only kit, basically everything except the projectors, bulbs, and HID ballasts.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be interested in upgrading mine if the $200 price sticks. What do I reuse of off my current kit? How much of a difference will there be going from 55w to 35w?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueBird346
I may be interested in upgrading mine if the $200 price sticks. What do I reuse of off my current kit? How much of a difference will there be going from 55w to 35w?
Same here
Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

We will wait to see how much of the current low beam portion of the kit will need to be replaced before providing a final pricing figure. We will certainly provide a discount to those customers who already have our V1 setup and helped support this company over the past 3 years. The light output will be improved overall with a wider beam spread provided by the bi-xenon unit. You will reuse the wiring harness provided, the clear protective lens, conversion connectors and other associated hardware.

The new bi-xenon projector will be arriving shortly so we will work on both potential upgrades (Lexus RX Low beam unit & bi-xenon projector). If there is anyone in the NJ area that wants to potentially be a tester, let us know. We will likely be ready to test these within the next few months.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:15 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
We will wait to see how much of the current low beam portion of the kit will need to be replaced before providing a final pricing figure. We will certainly provide a discount to those customers who already have our V1 setup and helped support this company over the past 3 years. The light output will be improved overall with a wider beam spread provided by the bi-xenon unit. You will reuse the wiring harness provided, the clear protective lens, conversion connectors and other associated hardware.

The new bi-xenon projector will be arriving shortly so we will work on both potential upgrades (Lexus RX Low beam unit & bi-xenon projector). If there is anyone in the NJ area that wants to potentially be a tester, let us know. We will likely be ready to test these within the next few months.
Considering I think I bought your first or second kit, and I'm relatively local, I'd like to step up to the front of the line for testing the new kit. Let me know.

Brien
Old 12-24-2012, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks Brien. I will keep you posted when it's ready. Your car is very well thoughtout (and looks pretty damn good as well) and I'm sure you will be diligent in providing feedback on the new kits performance.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Forgot all about this, good news thats its coming together. Ill keep an eye out.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Brien. I will keep you posted when it's ready. Your car is very well thoughtout (and looks pretty damn good as well) and I'm sure you will be diligent in providing feedback on the new kits performance.
Thanks Brian. Definitely keep me in the loop. I probably got as many questions about the BLS kit as any other mod I've done. I still get a PM or two a week asking about this picture:

and this one they always ask about the lights before the FMIC...

So keep me in the loop.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

I am in NJ and would love to be a tester. I have been looking at your kits for a while now so this could be a great opportunity. I currently have stock lighting so I can't see anything at night but have experience with Infiniti, Mercedes, Audi HID setups

Thanks
Larry
Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I am in NJ and would love to be a tester. I have been looking at your kits for a while now so this could be a great opportunity. I currently have stock lighting so I can't see anything at night but have experience with Infiniti, Mercedes, Audi HID setups

Thanks
Larry
Larry - Thanks for the offer and we will keep you in mind when we are ready to test the new setup.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM
FormerVendor

Thread bump for the new link.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...aser-pics.html

Quick Reply: Coming Soon: BLS 98-02 Firebird Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit V.2