Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

redo your interior for around $50

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Numba20
i like that. modified, but elegant. missed my mark... ill try taking the birds off, and making it less busy.
Wise decision.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Numba20
i like that. modified, but elegant. missed my mark... ill try taking the birds off, and making it less busy.
He has SS on the top of the seats on that shot. I don't think the phoenix is bad, I just think it's too big. It's my car though, man! Definitely do what you like with your ride.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seats and door panels look okay. Should've left the speaker grills, a/c vents, and steering wheel alone.
I don't like that it looks wet. I feel like if you sat in the seat for too long on a hot day, when you got out, you'd have red stripes on your back.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

Hell yeah bro, I am all about. Just curious on how long it last and if it wears off.
(on clothes) Name of product?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

eww... first off red/grey combo looks like crap. second off, you have way to much going on between the seats, vents, stickers and the trans am on the dash (kill that fast). the spray on the seat will be screwed in about 3 months of getting in and out and it looks super cheap compared to an actual reupholstering of the interior. if you wanted a $50 redo, you should have gone with an all black like I did and its still holding up good a year later. excuse the crappy pictures..

Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Seats and door panels look okay. Should've left the speaker grills, a/c vents, and steering wheel alone.
I don't like that it looks wet. I feel like if you sat in the seat for too long on a hot day, when you got out, you'd have red stripes on your back.
This. The seat's are not horrible (but I share a smililar fear), but the vents and grills look cheap. I think if you undid those it would tone it down a lot.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Hey man its your car, do as you please...you learn more from so called mistakes than anything, if the red lasts and you like it cool, if not then find somethin better....open minds and ideas keep the new stuff comin for these cars tasteful or not....its your feeling that matters....feedback just helps you get the GOOD doubletakes on the road
Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
i have an extra set of speaker covers that are unpainted. ill swap em in and see what they look like. well i took a hair dryer to a seat b4 i put it in, and no stickiness, and imprints on the seat, i drove the car about 20 mins today, and had on a white shirt, i tried to be hard on it to try and get it to rub off, and nothing today. ill play it by ear. but the stuff seems tough as nails.

Originally Posted by projectX
Hell yeah bro, I am all about. Just curious on how long it last and if it wears off.
(on clothes) Name of product?
rustoleum vinyl paint. i got it for $5 a can at drillspotdotcom. free shipping and no tax. i used 4 cans. if i have any problems ill be posting about it. but it seems to be intended for as long as you want to have it on. i take meticulous care of my car though... it doesnt sit in the sun, it never goes a week without a total detailing, garage kept, and i use this really thick interior shine by Maguires. black bottle with a red label. doesnt lose its shine for like a month.

Originally Posted by my bandit
eww... first off red/grey combo looks like crap. second off, you have way to much going on between the seats, vents, stickers and the trans am on the dash (kill that fast). the spray on the seat will be screwed in about 3 months of getting in and out and it looks super cheap compared to an actual reupholstering of the interior. if you wanted a $50 redo, you should have gone with an all black like I did and its still holding up good a year later. excuse the crappy pictures..

what did you use to convert that to black? i wanted to go black on red interior with velocity yellow paint. but decided on silver because i didnt want to replace my entire interior.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Sweet - Thanks for info dude!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How does the paint hold? Not rubbing off on clothes,peeling,etc.
Im going to pull all my interior plastic panels and dash and paint em wrinkle finish black.
If the paint scheme in ur car, makes you happy. Nothing wrong with that imo.
Im gonna be rocking some old school centerline 16in wheels on my ta. May look out of place to some, but dont matter to me. Since car is gonna be packing some serious hp.
And yes, they will bling like a mafaka! Gonna polish the hell out of em
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the seats, good job on them. Although, since you're going to paint your car silver, I would have done the seats in silver, with the bird. The rest looks good but it's not my taste. JMO
Old 03-08-2012, 12:15 AM
11 Second Club

I did my entire interior from gray to black on my first WS6, with Rustoleum. Did the seats in red just like you did. It didn't take long before the seats started flaking completely, and I wanted to light them on fire.

On the other hand, I sat in them for hours on a 80+ degree day, in a white shirt, and zero paint was on my back.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

I removed the entire interior (minus the dash) took Goo gone and cleaned every panel, then soap and water to clean it, then took a tac cloth and cleaned it more. Sprayed it with adhesion promoter, then sprayed it with duplicolor FLAT black. The glossy comes out too glossy. The only ebony piece in the car is the drivers kick panel (i kept kicking it and it eventually started to wear). I left the door inserts the same color and sprayed the rest. I attempted to fix the cracked panel but it didn't stay... And the seats were black from corbeau to begin with
Old 03-08-2012, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

sketchy
Old 03-08-2012, 06:33 AM
11 Second Club

A little too busy for me, but it's your car. How about some pics of the spoiler setup?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you went a lil to much with it lol, you need a intervention after that lol, less id more, it doesnt look bad but its not my cup of tea, good work though, if you like it that is all that matters
Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NemeSS
How does the paint hold? Not rubbing off on clothes,peeling,etc.
Im going to pull all my interior plastic panels and dash and paint em wrinkle finish black.
If the paint scheme in ur car, makes you happy. Nothing wrong with that imo.
Im gonna be rocking some old school centerline 16in wheels on my ta. May look out of place to some, but dont matter to me. Since car is gonna be packing some serious hp.
And yes, they will bling like a mafaka! Gonna polish the hell out of em
as far as i can tell great. check the quote below tho.

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
I did my entire interior from gray to black on my first WS6, with Rustoleum. Did the seats in red just like you did. It didn't take long before the seats started flaking completely, and I wanted to light them on fire.

On the other hand, I sat in them for hours on a 80+ degree day, in a white shirt, and zero paint was on my back.
now, you did use the vinyl paint with the picture of a seat on the can didnt you? i had some that dried on the masking tape. (i sprayed really thick) and i peeled it off, literally reminded me of rubber. the flex agent seems to be so abundant that cracking and flaking would never be an issue. and also, what did you do to prep the seats for paint?

Originally Posted by my bandit
I removed the entire interior (minus the dash) took Goo gone and cleaned every panel, then soap and water to clean it, then took a tac cloth and cleaned it more. Sprayed it with adhesion promoter, then sprayed it with duplicolor FLAT black. The glossy comes out too glossy. The only ebony piece in the car is the drivers kick panel (i kept kicking it and it eventually started to wear). I left the door inserts the same color and sprayed the rest. I attempted to fix the cracked panel but it didn't stay... And the seats were black from corbeau to begin with
i rubbed with laquer thinner until i started to see te color coming out of the seats. lol i know that surface is clean.

Originally Posted by green28
A little too busy for me, but it's your car. How about some pics of the spoiler setup?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...you-think.html

theres the link to the thread.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you're on the right track. Just need to get the details tweaked.

Maybe you could go with an embroidered bird on the headrest?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This would go great on your hood.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

you managed to make the car look worse, and that decal is terrible on the the rear glass. this is just my opinion and as long as the op is happy .

Quick Reply: redo your interior for around $50