Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

redo your interior for around $50

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To each his own, I drove a Z06 recently and it had red inserts in the seats and the doors, looks no different than this, if you like it thats all that matters for 50 bucks it looks good man!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Also the Z06 only had seats and door inserts painted... Looked really good, like previously said if that was the only part red it would look super clean
Old 03-10-2012, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
This would go great on your hood.

im actually doing a 70's style bird on my hood. also shaving the front license plate smooth and doing the retro bird on it also. dimensions are 8x5 on the front license plate. just upsizing that, not stretching. ive took some measurements and it should fill the hood good...

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
you managed to make the car look worse, and that decal is terrible on the the rear glass. this is just my opinion and as long as the op is happy .
not happy just yet, going to do some rethinking and reworking to take away some flash and clutteredness, but if there is one thing i can count on from you guys, its constructive critizism. gotta expect that.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by onebad_SS
To each his own, I drove a Z06 recently and it had red inserts in the seats and the doors, looks no different than this, if you like it thats all that matters for 50 bucks it looks good man!
thanks! that is what the thread was for, not nessicaryily the best looking interior youve ever seen, but for $50..... its a cool cheap upgrade.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

This OP should read "how to ruin your interior with $50". I get what youre trying to do man, but it just doesnt look right. I agree with others that said that the seats look ok with the bird painted into them, but the rest looks like you played photoshop with your interior. I honestly think you should try to scrape that **** off or get replacement pieces to bring it back to reality. Its your car so if youre happy with it than more power to you, but dont be surprised if there are more people that are less enthusiastic with your work. A better idea would be to search the site or others for color combos that work with your car and go from there, that way you can see what it will look like before messing anything up and getting burned on this site. Just my $.02.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also the Z06 only had seats and door inserts painted... Looked really good, like previously said if that was the only part red it would look super clean
see.. thats different though. first off, its red/black not red/grey. second its not sprayed on..

Old 03-10-2012, 07:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by my bandit
see.. thats different though. first off, its red/black not red/grey. second its not sprayed on..

Damn that looks beautiful...
Old 03-10-2012, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Wow, people here really get off on telling somebody there car looks like ****. I hope it makes them feel a little better about themselves. It looks like you did a great job, but there is basically one huge flaw. It's just too shiny. I've used spray vinyl paint before, on a steering wheel cover. Suprisingly, it wore like iron. I took it off when I changed the wheel, and after two years, it still looked perfect. You need flat paint, not gloss. That's it. As far as the lettering and the birds, I wouldn't do it, but it's not my car.

To summarize, it's too shiny and you may have went a bit overboard, but it's not as bad as these style experts are trying to make it seem.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by my bandit

well no one can really do it like the factory. i am going to be making some changes... may take me a few months, but ill show finished product. and il take constructive criticism from there. should be much further up to par. when i started this, there was really no plan... and i just when too far with it. i actually agree with most of you guys here now that i can step back and take a look at it. but let me work out the rough edges of the 1st draft that should have been on paper, and ill be back.

-to all- plz stay subscribed.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Numba20
now, you did use the vinyl paint with the picture of a seat on the can didnt you? i had some that dried on the masking tape. (i sprayed really thick) and i peeled it off, literally reminded me of rubber. the flex agent seems to be so abundant that cracking and flaking would never be an issue. and also, what did you do to prep the seats for paint?
lol yes I used the vinyl paint, still have the cans downstairs. I completely degreased/scrubbed the seats completely to get any products and gunk out of the pores of the seat, wiped it down with Isopropyl, then prep-all. Same methods I use before spraying a car. Just hope you have better luck!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Besides the AC vents and speaker covers I think it looks okay. I want to do some white accents in my car. Maybe white seats, door panel inserts and shift boot.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DUDE its your car, dont change it cause what everyone else thinks. Keep what you like. Everybodys opinion is going to be different. Good luck an hope it last for ya
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

a little busy. but to each his own
Old 03-11-2012, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

like was said before dont give into other peoples ****, you dont have to gain anybody's approval on this site, besides most people will bad mouth your car if you change something on it drastically unless your McNord (no offense McNord)

if you like what you did to your car and you like the birds on the seats keep them, it doesnt look that bad, but would i do it to my car...no. but im more of a keep it simple kind of guy thats all, too each there own
Old 05-06-2013, 09:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Get the stock color back for the speaker grilles, get rid of the decal on the passenger air bag and the rear window stickers gotta go (you can leave the bird though)
Old 05-07-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

OP, i think its a great idea to make the interior stick out for cheap, but honestly i think its the spray on stuff just makes all the insrts and such you painted pop to much compared to the rest of the car.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Ive sold the seats, got suede racing seats, and have a complete black interior now, red stitching in seats, and soon to be red carpet and have some red 4-pt harnesses. Like it much better, especially since the car is now velocity yellow.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:26 AM
TECH Resident

wow i didn't even realize how old this thread was haha
Old 05-08-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 897 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
No...

This.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member