Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

redo your interior for around $50

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive thought about doing something like this to my camaro, have everything redone & not painted
Attached Thumbnails redo your interior for around -user158583_pic90301_1341957035.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mean, paints okay, for the money, they sell a flat color, seats get wear and tear on them and need redone every once in a while (per year).

Im all about find decent cheap alternatives that a high school kid mowin greass on the weekends could afford. Im building my car with no help, anything that is done is done by me, i.e. paint, embroidery, new cam, head work, windshield installation, body work(thank god thats done), to ecelectrical mods, to tuning the ECU. And yes, this thread was ancient. Lol trans swap and new trans set up and fab, a lot of little stuff... The essence of the car is to allow 'Johnny' whos still a student,or works at the local gas station to an able to have a nice car if he wants to pursue it. I make threads on most stuff to show him how, haven't published most yet, or even goT around to actually doing to the car, med school is killer, but I still intend on making the car a trailer queen For a low restoration amount, and doing all the work myself.

...that's what this thread was about, unfortunately I was a bit too excited with the can, and I hated that grey! So I changed it but a good intention, all the same.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Numba20
I mean, paints okay, for the money, they sell a flat color, seats get wear and tear on them and need redone every once in a while (per year).

Im all about find decent cheap alternatives that a high school kid mowin greass on the weekends could afford. Im building my car with no help, anything that is done is done by me, i.e. paint, embroidery, new cam, head work, windshield installation, body work(thank god thats done), to ecelectrical mods, to tuning the ECU. And yes, this thread was ancient. Lol trans swap and new trans set up and fab, a lot of little stuff... The essence of the car is to allow 'Johnny' whos still a student,or works at the local gas station to an able to have a nice car if he wants to pursue it. I make threads on most stuff to show him how, haven't published most yet, or even goT around to actually doing to the car, med school is killer, but I still intend on making the car a trailer queen For a low restoration amount, and doing all the work myself.

...that's what this thread was about, unfortunately I was a bit too excited with the can, and I hated that grey! So I changed it but a good intention, all the same.
I get that, believe me I do, but I also know what is worth holding off on till it can be done right, back when I had my first car (96 midnight blue Tahoe) I really wanted to do a cowl hood but never had the money, did that mean I go out and get some of stick on hood "vents", no because they suck, certain things are a do it right or don't do it, you don't wanna be that guy with the stick on hood vents and "spinner" hubcaps do you?

Red is a VERY tricky color to do in the interior and will only look good if it's an accent to BLACK and only used in a select few places.

And for the record I did paint a few select pieces of that Tahoes interior, but I kept it to small pieces like the air vents and the speaker grills and the interior was blue so I did them in silver. I always wanted the leather seats to have a silver insert to match but never could afford it so I never did it.

Quick Reply: redo your interior for around $50