Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Coverking seat cover material

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coverking seat cover material

I want to get seat covers to protect the factory leather seats in my 02 camaro. I don't drive the car much and it only has 9k miles so the seats are in great shape. I am looking at the coverking covers and there are multiple types. I dont want to spend a ton of money and do not want leather covers over the leather.
The different materials I am looking at are:

1. spacer mesh - least expensive

The others are all same price(abotu $60 more than mesh):
2. poly-cotton
3. ballistic cordura
4. neosupreme

Has anyone had any of these seat covers? I am thinking mostly of the spacer mesh or poly cotton.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Make sure you condition the leather regularly. Not just leather cleaner either--and don't ever use regular ArmorAll on them. Without conditioning, the leather dries out and feels like vinyl. My driver's seat is actually softer than the passenger one, even though it's seen much more use, but that is due to the flexing keeping the leather soft. If the previous owner had conditioned the leather, it would have remained much more supple. The steering wheel leather got much softer when I conditioned it as did the shifter (the seats are still a bit dry, but much better then before I got my hands on it). It's great to massage the stuff in with your bare hands; depending on how dry the leather is, it can soak up a lot of conditioner.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Teching In

what conditioner do you use?
Old 03-18-2012, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been using:

Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

However, the smell is rather average. Whenever I finally finish this bottle, I plan on buying:

Surf City Garage Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator

Which I only just now realized doing this search for you, that Walmart carries. This one has a very clean smell to it, and although I've never used it before, I respect Surf City's products as I have heard good things about them. There are probably lots of good choices out there, just make sure you select a lotion and not a liquid spray, which is what the leather cleaners are.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wondering if you went with one of the cover king seat covers yet?

Quick Reply: Coverking seat cover material