Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

***Blackbird Lighting Solutions (BLS) 98-02 CAMARO Proj. Headlight Retro Intro GP***

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28clark
Complete setup, I'm at the point where I'd rather pay and have it right instead of risk breaking my housings.
Please send me a PM and we will get you setup with all the ordering info.

Originally Posted by bigbomber5
Awesome job as usual!! Any plans for another 98-02 TA retro fit group buy
Thank you and yes!

Originally Posted by Stippy17
These look top notch and at a good price too. I don't see why these won't be a huge hit with the Camaro guys.

My BLS kit for my TA should be arriving in the mail tomorrow. I cant wait!
Thank you for the compliments and your business.

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
2 things keeping me back:

1) Not sure if I want to go that route or a little more custom (call me a ricer but I think nice white CCFL halos look good on these cars)
2) I don't even have the car yet!
If there is something special you would want, let us know and we may be able to accomodate.

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
I think I found my future set of headlights
Feel free to PM us with any questions you may have.

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
^same here! Wondering if I can get the complete housing without the bulbs. Not that it matters anyway. I'm running H1 5000k right now anyway. But the housings And lenses aren't really that great. -K2 Motor.
Sure! Shoot me a PM and we can provide a quote for the whole setuo minus the lamps.

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
Is the 195 for the customer supplied housing only for group purchase time or is this the indeffient price for this service just so I know if I have to make the two week mark
This is the GP price based on the available pricing for the components at this time.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:41 AM
FormerVendor

All PMs returned! 5 spots left
Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn wish I didn't have my last college pay ment due next week or I would jump on this now , can you pm me a non group purchase price on Sending my head lights in to have the work done and the lens will already be seperated from the housing
Old 03-15-2012, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

BLS, way to only blot one of the pics with my license plate

To everyone considering purchasing these:

I have tried stock housings, a set of halos, and another set of halo projectors with every combo of bulbs between them and I can honestly say that nothing compares to this kit. Its pretty hard to get an idea just by the pictures of how much these tremendously improve vision. They completely light up the road and you can still see a crisp light cut-off an easy 15 car lengths ahead of you. The light is also dialed in perfect with a clean, super white color.

I had the housings completely blacked out, which looks excellent during the day. I always liked the looks of the halo rings, but there is something truly sinister about the look these give murdered out. As I mentioned, they still put out ridiculous light despite the reflectors being painted, so that should not be concern.

Install was very easy, and the wiring harness from his complete kit was direct plug-and-play after connecting to the hot post on the driver side and a ground. This has definitely been a worthwhile mod to my car, and the ease of installation made it that much better. I would highly recommend the complete kit to anyone!

And Thanks Brian!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have any pics of the non-blacked out version by chance?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sent you a PM with my idea, looking for a price quote. If it is within my budget constraints I may jump in on this!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang, I made my headlights for half that price with the same projectors.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea, curious about this as well. I know I already made my order but I'm wondering what it would look like with the shroud black and everything else left normal as it comes from DEPO.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Conrad
That's usually the case, DIY being cheaper and all. But it is more convenient, or some people are just not as good at doing retrofits. For me it will come down to how much extra my custom stuff will cost - I'm hoping the price for the labor side isn't too bad because I'd like to not have to deal with it after doing a lot of work on my retrofit I'm doing for my Trailblazer.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Launching!

I would want them with HALOS as well. My cheapo ebay headlights have them and that was my favorite part.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have them in my TA... great company/person? lol to work with! and great product! its like driving our Mercedes at night.. except faster but less comfortable lol
Old 03-18-2012, 12:10 PM
FormerVendor

Sent you a PM with my idea, looking for a price quote. If it is within my budget constraints I may jump in on this!
PM Returned!

I have a couple pictures but they are not too great. Let me dig them up and post them.

Originally Posted by Conrad
Not looking to start a debate however are you comparing pricing with just the housings or including the HID kit as well? There are cheaper HID kits out there however we will be using the Morimoto units for this retro which carry a higher cost. Like anything else, a DIY project will normally be cheaper than a paid service.

Originally Posted by PACKERSz28Camaro
Yea, curious about this as well. I know I already made my order but I'm wondering what it would look like with the shroud black and everything else left normal as it comes from DEPO.
As mentioned above, I will dig up some of those pics and get them posted.

Originally Posted by camarox302
I would want them with HALOS as well. My cheapo ebay headlights have them and that was my favorite part.
If you are interested in halos, please send a PM and we can look to provide this option for you at an additional cost.

Originally Posted by 95batmobile
I have them in my TA... great company/person? lol to work with! and great product! its like driving our Mercedes at night.. except faster but less comfortable lol
Thank you for the compliments. We are a small group but I (Brian) am the point of contact for the company. It keeps things consistent and easy from a customer service prospective since we deal with lower volume builds.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Price quoted to me for my custom stuff I think was fair. I'm going through a DIY retrofit on my Trailblazer and holy crap it can be a big pain in the neck to do and get it right. I've already had to fix a couple goofs I've always been able to custom make things that are functional, but make them look good? ehhh I have a hard time with that part...

Cost is a little higher than I was hoping but hey it saves me hours of frustration! That's worth it, IMO.

If you're good at doing things yourself that come out looking great by all means, do it! I do a lot of stuff myself too. But I want this to come out perfect, and I doubt my ability to make it perfect. That's why I'm going to have the professional do it this time
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Teching In

how many more spots do you have open? im really want to jump in on this offer!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TeXaSBirD91
how many more spots do you have open? im really want to jump in on this offer!!!!
We have a few spots left so feel free to PM for the payment info.

By the way, here is a rough picture of the non-blacked out version. Please don't mind the non-professional picture.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Payment sent! Can't wait
Old 03-18-2012, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

Payment sent! Can't wait
Thank you!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Teching In

have sent you a pm for payment info just waiting on reply.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:20 PM
FormerVendor

PM returned! Thanks!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn these look good!! I wish i didn't have my money tied up in something else or else I'd be all over these!! I will definitely send you a PM when I'm ready to make the purchase. Great job btw!!

Quick Reply: ***Blackbird Lighting Solutions (BLS) 98-02 CAMARO Proj. Headlight Retro Intro GP***