Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Carbon Fiber Dash kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys , I bought that 9 piece kit from a guy he says he never had it in the car . It looks like he didnt anyway I have a question about the glue is it 3M hvb or some kind of glue from a tube . Thanks for the help
Old 03-25-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
Why on earth would someone pay .99 cents per square inch for fake carbon fiber? Todd, does EWD use faux cf? Please tell me you didn't spend $2000 on fake cf, 'cause I know it was at least that much, or pretty close to it! I got a quote from them for everything you did, minus the lower console and door sills, and it came out to about $1200!
Because you can get ANY part custom covered.. take a part down and ask to have it custom covered in REAL CF.. betcha its more than .99 a sq inch.

Also, i used this stuff in my old engine bay and most people though it was real CF.. The RK kit has only a portion of the parts Todds kit has.. its all personal preference and what you can afford..
Old 03-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Launching!

blu beast, todd o1 your interiors are looking nice! in my opinion if it looks real what the hell does it matter? thats the sole purpose is looks, i dont think anyone does it to save weight so whats the big deal. i have the mti c\f lid and hate it. thats some sorry *** fake c\f. it just looks like a bunch of black and grey dots in a patten. it doesnt have that weaved or 3-D look that real or nice fake stuff does. ill be replacing it soon. i wish rksport sold the pieces seperatly. i would love to get just the gauge surround, switch pod and the door handle pieces to go with rest of my painted and cleared parts. from blu beast close shots i honestly couldnt tell the differance fake or not. good stuff! oh and i dont think any amount is to much for your pride and joy. even more so when it sets you apart from the rest!

Last edited by willis 00; 03-25-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Third Chrome Wheel Director

Here are some "far" shots.........

Old 04-04-2004, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Year One has a carbon fiber dash kit. A little cheaper than $600 lol. I believe it's only a 9 peice, but that's cool. I'll probably get it. The camaro in the pics looks good, but it's just a little too much imo.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
Anybody seen anything for a Firebird?

yea, in my car....

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Dash kits