Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Where do you guys get good towels from?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Yes I bought a bunch of stuff and shipping was the same. I'm guessing they charge you for the package and you can fill it how ever you want.

On another note. Do you guys use the microfiber detergent when you wash them? All the detailing sites make it out like if you use regular wash your slowly ruining them. Is this overplayed a little bit or good advice?
I have CG MF restore but only use it if they are really dirty i let them soak for a day or two in it but wash them the free and clear detergent
Old 04-13-2012, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroSS27
The thing that makes me like chemical guys MF's so much is the fact after washes they stay the same I have so many that start getting nasty and hard, and they are so soft and cheap
I've never had a problem with the cheap microfibers. They've stayed really soft.

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Have you tried their cotton towels? I really want to try these but I have never been able to come across them in stock.
Cotton will never be as soft as a microfiber. Nothing is better for your paint than a microfiber.

I have CG MF restore but only use it if they are really dirty i let them soak for a day or two in it but wash them the free and clear detergent
That's their wash right? I have their detergent wash stuff. It smells exactly like FrootLoops. I soak dirty towels for a day and then machine wash them with a tiny bit of that cleaner. Come out looking pretty damn good and super soft! I only put them in the dryer on low heat for a little while. I let them air dry. Works like a charm. I have some cheap microfibers that are a year old or more and still look and feel new.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
I like taking risks. I use sandpaper, **** MF towels. Those are for pussies.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just bought 24 microfiber towels from ebay for $30. Seeing as the guy has sold over 1000 of them, they must be pretty decent. I'll let everyone know how they are when I get them.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrad
I just bought 24 microfiber towels from ebay for $30. Seeing as the guy has sold over 1000 of them, they must be pretty decent. I'll let everyone know how they are when I get them.
Worst logic ever...
Old 04-14-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Guitar
Worst logic ever...
Only when you consider the $30,720 the guy has made selling .10 towels! I have always used the Autozone towels and they don't last long at all, but that may be in how I wash them. Usually soak them is hot soapy water (Dawn) and then run them through the wash. I need to step up to some good ones.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
I've never had a problem with the cheap microfibers. They've stayed really soft.

Cotton will never be as soft as a microfiber. Nothing is better for your paint than a microfiber.

That's their wash right? I have their detergent wash stuff. It smells exactly like FrootLoops. I soak dirty towels for a day and then machine wash them with a tiny bit of that cleaner. Come out looking pretty damn good and super soft! I only put them in the dryer on low heat for a little while. I let them air dry. Works like a charm. I have some cheap microfibers that are a year old or more and still look and feel new.
Mine from autozone always did, but ya its the wash I usually use both like u and do they come out soft!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Mine from autozone always did, but ya its the wash I usually use both like u and do they come out soft!
Alright cool.

I've never bought the autozone ones. I think their is 15 in a pack and cost like $17? This is why I get the ones at Walmart. 15 for $10. My detailing buddy that I learned everything from (He details professionally for a living) says he gets his at Costco for 25 for $15. They look and feel like the same ones I get at Walmart. I help him detail cars all the time and have some of my own clients too. We've always used these microfiber towels and never had a problem. A good number of these cars we do are worth 200K +. Many of them dark colored cars. Hell, we are going to detail a Ferrari Enzo in less than a month! My point is these cars come out looking perfect and we are perfectionists when it comes to the finish. If these microfibers were causing any hint of micro marring the paint, we wouldn't be using them.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

HotWhip are you talking about the smaller 12x12" towels?

Btw what is your suspesion setup? That stance looks great!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

Yes and thanks.

Eibach Prokit with Strano revalved Bilsteins. My car has always sat well.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I use the pink Cobra towels from Autogeek for wax removal and detail spray. For everyone using the Walmart towels, if you have a Target near you, the vrooom towels are better for store bought microfiber. Walmart's mf used to be pretty good a long time ago, but they got chintzy with them.

For drying, the Mothers grey towels with the absorbent material inside are great.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a side note, but not only is Adams a site sponsor (autogeek is not), but they have 2 things the other vendors don't have....a 110% money back gaurantee (that's right, if your not happy they give you a 110% refund!), and every product they sell is made in the USA, not in China as most likely all of your walmart/costco/ect mf'ers are made. It's nice supporting a company that actually cares about "made in the USA".

In all honesty, I don't know why the autogeek talk is allowed as it's really no different than talking about an exhaust company that's not a sponsor and those threads get deleted or edited. Support a sponsor, and a company who makes sure things are made here, not in China.

Quick Reply: Where do you guys get good towels from?