Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

This bother anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This bother anyone else?

after spending all afternoon cleaning car, inside and out inclding a good waxing it seems that people just love to get there finger prints all over my nice shiney black paint. this pisses me off to an extream also makes me mad when people lean aganist my car. sorry just had to rant about it. anyone else feel the same ?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Launching!

welcome to the world of having a nice car. Where no matter how much you try to take care of it. Mother nature has a way to screw it up. And so do other people. I parked my car outside for the first time this year last night. Guess what we got at 5 am this morning in Ohio? Hail..
Old 05-03-2012, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pick up some of that quick detailer spray and a microfiber and you can fix that problem in the same about of time it took to notice it. It's pretty handy stuff for a quick touch here and there.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by versz
welcome to the world of having a nice car. Where no matter how much you try to take care of it. Mother nature has a way to screw it up. And so do other people. I parked my car outside for the first time this year last night. Guess what we got at 5 am this morning in Ohio? Hail..
what part of ohio?? here in the southeastern part its been nice all morning... and that sucks i hope it didnt cause any damage?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by versz
You too huh? Last week i woke up to the sound of my car's certain death and the lawn covered in ***** of hail.. luckly they were only dime sized and didn't do much damage but yeah, i definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day..
Old 05-03-2012, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

I cant stand it when there is a bunch of stuff in around the garage to sit and lean on and people choose to lean on my car.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00Z28 ls1
what part of ohio?? here in the southeastern part its been nice all morning... and that sucks i hope it didnt cause any damage?
South East as well. You didn't hear that thunderstorm? I did wake up around 9:30 and it stopped. but if it's strong enough to wake me up at 6 AM i knew it was a big one. No damage. There's so much wax on my car it would take Hurricane Katrina to put a scratch on it.

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
You too huh? Last week i woke up to the sound of my car's certain death and the lawn covered in ***** of hail.. luckly they were only dime sized and didn't do much damage but yeah, i definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day..
That's all we ever get is the dime stuff -knock on wood-
Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr. Trick
I cant stand it when there is a bunch of stuff in around the garage to sit and lean on and people choose to lean on my car.
That's when you say "I work really hard to keep my paint nice, could you please not touch or lean on it?" Or a simple: "Get the f**k off my car, k? Thanks"
Old 05-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hail when was this, it has been 80 and sunny all day, i agree i keep detail spray n a microfiber in the car at all times,
Old 05-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

I hate it so much. After washing/waxing, if anyone needs a ride or if my gf rides with me, I have to open the passenger door and close it for them. People don't know how to open doors, I can't stand when they open it and put their finger prints around the damn door handles to get in and when they put their hands on the window to close the door when they get out.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I parked my car outside for the first time this year last night. Guess what we got at 5 am this morning in Ohio? Hail..
This happened to me a few years back in austins big storm. NEVER ONCE parked the car out of the garage, friend wanted to go to the book store so i figured, hey let the neighbors stare at it while im gone "i never leave it outside"

On our way back ******* SOFTBALL sized hail. it was big enough to bounce off the car and dent the garage door.

Shattered front windshield, busted both back quarterpanels and both headlight covers.

2600 in repairs, insurance said it was the most expensive 6 dents he'd ever seen.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

I just hate the fact that on my dark colored car it seems to get a layer of dust like no other.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by babbage1109
I just hate the fact that on my dark colored car it seems to get a layer of dust like no other.
x2, 15 minutes after washing, you can already see the dust build up especially on my NBM lol.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

I simple give a "hey what the **** are you thinking" with a slight hand gesture to get off my car.
Anyone that has been around me even 1 time and my car though knows not to touch it, period. I don't even like people riding in it.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

The birds have a GPS tracking for when you finish your car. They will find you the moment you take the last drop of water off the finish.

Google provides them with satellite information.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the birds tend to **** themselves when they see my car. that's easily the most frustrating thing to see a bird takin a dump on your car
Old 05-03-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Pick up some of that quick detailer spray and a microfiber and you can fix that problem in the same about of time it took to notice it. It's pretty handy stuff for a quick touch here and there.
This is all I do. No real point to get up tight about it because if someone doesn't do it, then Mother Nature sure as hell will so I just buy the stuff to take care of it. Yes, it does get on my nerves but hey, what can you do really?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Always the way. You can tell when people have nice cars by the following:

If they see shiny paint and want to feel if its clay bar'd and waxed they gently rub the back of their hand across the paint. (doesnt leave any marks)
Old 05-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Wait till you have kids

No matter how hard I try to keep it spotless, I always manage to find small hand prints down the side of my car.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
I don't even like people riding in it.

LMAO! I'm with you.

Quick Reply: This bother anyone else?