Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

bye bye ugly stock looking coil packs/valve covers (updated w/ installed pics 7.12)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 12:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So how was polishing them and how did you go about it? looks great my man
Old 07-13-2012, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! That looks really great. I own an Automotive reconditioning shop and know how hard it is to polish "little sh*t" like that! You did great.. I think I'll try it on mine using an air dremmel tool. They make some really cool little attachments for those things that can make a job like this go pretty fast!
I should get to it in the next week or so (got three Customer cars ahead of it first). If it's something I can put a price too and teach my crew to do, maybe I'll put it out there as a side job on our list! I dont think I can post my business info on here? or I might offer up the services!
Anyway, great job again - and thanks for the idea!
(unfortunately, I'm one of those guys that enjoys that teadious work that nobody wants to do themselves!) lol.. but hey - it's a living.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Originally Posted by BLK95-Z
Looks awesome. Are those rivets in the shock tower?
Thank you! There are 3 chrome cap screws on the passenger side that I put through the holes created from the wiremod. They have washers and nuts underneath holding the wires in place more securely.

Originally Posted by silverWS.6
Looks great!! I was just contemplating doing this the other day, but you gotta do something about the green cap in there... I don't know why but it really stood out
Thanks! That along with the oil, coolant res, radiator, brake and PS caps are all being changed. Dipstick maybe too.

Originally Posted by breze84
So how was polishing them and how did you go about it? looks great my man
Thanks! It was the worst. Hated it and wont polish something that size and roughly cast again haha. Lots of sanding with finer and finer sandpaper and polishing with cotton wheel and mini buffer I made.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

That looks really, really good. Good job!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Very tasteful! good work.

Quick Reply: bye bye ugly stock looking coil packs/valve covers (updated w/ installed pics 7.12)