Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

keep getting pulled over for tint....any possiblee way to get tint inside the glass

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Floorman279
hey legal tint here is 75% which guess what, is barely darker than the windshield....so legal tint pretty much means no tint
Obey the law or face the consequences. And if you really want darker tint, move to another state, or get plates from another state.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey legal tint here is 75% which guess what, is barely darker than the windshield....so legal tint pretty much means no tint
Yes but you're much more likely to get pulled over with limo tint than with something like 35%. Put yourself in the cop's shoes, if you saw a car with completely blacked out windows, you're gonna pull that car over. If you saw a car where the windows are tinted but you could still see in, you're more likely to let it slide. It's the same as the 5 over principle... speeding 5 mph over the limit, they probably won't bother you... 15 over though, you're going down.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

So what is your point.. anything even remotely close to being "dark" will be all the worse than lol.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
or get plates from another state.
Actually, you can still get a ticket even if your tint is legal in the state the car is registered in. I know because this was an issue recently in Virginia, all the states that border us have a 35% tint law for a while we had it at 50%. The argument for going to 35% was that it was unfair for people who live in neighboring states and would get tint tickets when they come to Virginia.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

^^ That is true, and most cops seem to know tint laws pretty well i have found out lol
Old 05-07-2012, 01:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Latch
Actually, you can still get a ticket even if your tint is legal in the state the car is registered in. I know because this was an issue recently in Virginia, all the states that border us have a 35% tint law for a while we had it at 50%. The argument for going to 35% was that it was unfair for people who live in neighboring states and would get tint tickets when they come to Virginia.
Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding this. If I live in a state where 10% tint is legal, and I have my car registered and plated in that state and then I drive to Pennsylvania, they're going to ticket me?

Pretty sure states have to respect other states laws if you're just passing through.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding this. If I live in a state where 10% tint is legal, and I have my car registered and plated in that state and then I drive to Pennsylvania, they're going to ticket me?
Yup. Same goes for all these BS laws, like front plate laws. If you live in a state that doesn't require a front license plate, then drive into a state that does, you can get a ticket for no front plate.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yup. Same goes for all these BS laws, like front plate laws. If you live in a state that doesn't require a front license plate, then drive into a state that does, you can get a ticket for no front plate.
Only a douche would ticket you for that. And you can fight it and win for pretty obvious reasons.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

i know i just need to accept it.....next time i get a ticket ill probly go to like 20-30%......the back window is fading up top anyway......no matter what ill probly drop the back hatch, since they only notice the tint during like a regular traffic stop.........i guess as they are trying to pull me over they look and see that they cant see me at all.........probly going to like 40-50 back and 20-30 side windows...
Old 05-07-2012, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Only a douche would ticket you for that. And you can fight it and win for pretty obvious reasons.
Not really, if you live in South Carolina and get a front plate ticket in Virginia, you might as well just pay the ticket, because fighting it means driving all the way to Virginia and back. And by no means are you guaranteed to win, because it doesn't matter what your state's laws are. There is no requirement that a state recognize the laws of other state.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Teching In

go to an eyedoctor complain about how its very glary on the road they will give you a slip for tint
go get a new license which allows you to have legal tint
even on front windshield

Last edited by WSex; 05-07-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: im to lazy to word it correctly
Old 05-07-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Not really, if you live in South Carolina and get a front plate ticket in Virginia, you might as well just pay the ticket, because fighting it means driving all the way to Virginia and back. And by no means are you guaranteed to win, because it doesn't matter what your state's laws are. There is no requirement that a state recognize the laws of other state.
I am calling on this simply because one state you are visiting cannot reasonably require you to have a front plate when your home state does not even provide you with one to install in the first place. It is ridiculous.

My "only a douche would ticket you for it" comment still stands, regardless. It would take a complete utter jerk to do something like that. There was a thread on here a while ago where someone mentioned he got pulled over out of state for no front plate, the cop didn't believe him that his state didn't require one, ended up calling back to the station, and was told yes that person's home state has no front plates so the cop had to let it go.

If you still insist, fine, but I've seen enough stating otherwise so I'm leaving the subject be. Not that it matters much in the long run for me anyway since Ohio does require a front plate and I'm stuck with one on my car
Old 05-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Banned

Okay, I'm going to call B.S. on that one. There is no way they can ticket you for not having a front license plate if your state doesn't require it. I say this because I know people from Virginia who have out of state plates and have never had a problem.

Not to mention, my car has always had one plate only, and I've driven through many states that have front and rear plates, even been pulled over in them, and have not had this issue arise.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WSex
go to an eyedoctor complain about how its very glary on the road they will give you a slip for tint
go get a new license which allows you to have legal tint
even on front windshield
lol, smart.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This one definitely falls in the "gotta pay to play" category.

I love ridiculously dark tint for all of the great reasons above (privacy, keeps it cool, headlights don't bother you at night, etc.). Everything I own has had 3% on it at one time or another. Paid 2 tint tickets and eventually got tired of dealing with it here in GA. Went to my eye doctor (already had a relationship because I wear contacts), got a note and tinted it to the max limit in GA with a Dr.'s note (20%). Sure, it's not as "cool" as the 3%, but it works and it sure is nice not playing the "am I getting ready to get pulled over for another B.S. ticket" game every time you pass by a cop car.

70% is tough. Hopefully they would exercise a bit of discretion in PA and only enforce the extreme violators (i.e. if you have 3% you're getting pulled however someone cruising around with 35% should be fine). I would do some research to find out what the legal limit is if you have a Dr.'s note and then see if it makes sense to head down that path.

At the end of the day, if you don't want problems, you have to find a way to comply.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Midnight02
This one definitely falls in the "gotta pay to play" category.

I love ridiculously dark tint for all of the great reasons above (privacy, keeps it cool, headlights don't bother you at night, etc.). Everything I own has had 3% on it at one time or another. Paid 2 tint tickets and eventually got tired of dealing with it here in GA. Went to my eye doctor (already had a relationship because I wear contacts), got a note and tinted it to the max limit in GA with a Dr.'s note (20%). Sure, it's not as "cool" as the 3%, but it works and it sure is nice not playing the "am I getting ready to get pulled over for another B.S. ticket" game every time you pass by a cop car.

70% is tough. Hopefully they would exercise a bit of discretion in PA and only enforce the extreme violators (i.e. if you have 3% you're getting pulled however someone cruising around with 35% should be fine). I would do some research to find out what the legal limit is if you have a Dr.'s note and then see if it makes sense to head down that path.

At the end of the day, if you don't want problems, you have to find a way to comply.
I wear contacts and I'm pretty light sensitive - what'd you ask the guy exactly?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm going with SparkyJJo and WhiteKnight. I live in NC, no front plates here and I also worked for a construction company that was based in NC but we went all over this side of the U.S and in the 3 years I worked for them, how many times do you think we got pulled for not having a front plate... Zero. Now I'm not saying they didn't turn around if/when they passed us and seen we didn't have front plates but once they saw the NC plate on the back, they went on about there business and never bothered us unless it was late at night and the cop had nothing to do and they were following us to see if we would mess up but that's about it.

So yes, I'm calling on this as well.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been out of state in other states that require front plates for nearly 20 years and me or any member of my family have never been ticketed for it. I call BS. I wonder if I could get a doctors note and get 20% because my eyes are super sensitive to light. Especially in the morning. I have to cook breakfast with the lights out lol.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Turns out I am wrong on the front plate thing, if your state doesn't have a front plate requirement, you cannot be issued a ticket. However, a cop is within his rights to pull you over and hold you until he checks to see if the state the car is registered in has a front plate law, and if it does then it that case you can get cited.

But you CAN get cited for window tint even if it's legal in the state the car is registered in.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Banned Troll Account Created By WhiteKnight '01

Turns out I am wrong on the front plate thing, if your state doesn't have a front plate requirement, you cannot be issued a ticket. However, a cop is within his rights to pull you over and hold you until he checks to see if the state the car is registered in has a front plate law, and if it does then it that case you can get cited.

But you CAN get cited for window tint even if it's legal in the state the car is registered in.
Don't forget to cup the ***** when you suck dick.

Quick Reply: keep getting pulled over for tint....any possiblee way to get tint inside the glass