Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Better light output on LS1 Camaro Fogs. ((((WARNING LARGE IMAGES))))

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol you're gonna blind everyone man, I'd like to see a shot of those against a wall..
Old 06-01-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Holy glare. You oughta turn you lights on, park on the side of the road then hop in a buddies car and drive up the road towards your car so you can see just how bad that glare will appear to an actual driver. A shield inside of a projector housing a pretty important. you taking that shield out has roughly the same effect as sanding away all the texture from a halogen reflector housing. It would cause light to go everywhere with no control or focus. More so in a projector housing. As the light passes over that shield, its reversed upside down as it passes through the center of the glass lens.

You have reduced output on the stock fogs because there is absolutely nothing to reflect off of in your housings, the chrome is gone. Problem 2, the lens is cloudy and pitted. IMO the stock Camaro/Blazer fogs quite good, especially with 3000/4300 HID bulbs. Brand new Blazer fogs are a whopping $45 thru the retrofit source.

Personally though, if you replaced the awful cheap projectors in those aftermarket headlights with something like a morimoto mini projector housing, you would not even have a need for fog lights to be able to see. I mean because really, your trying to compensate for bad headlights right? Ebay projectors, and no matter what company you use, or how much you wanna disagree(ive seen them all), all use the same couple junk projector housings, they are absolutely pathetic at lighting up the road. All show with barely any go.

Dont get to worked up though, those are just my opinions man. I do alot custom work with lighting, sometimes people appreciate the education, and sometimes they dont. I will say though, you would be amazed at how much better using the proper components really is. I'll shut up now

Last edited by LT4vert; 06-01-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Put replacement blazer fogs in my TBSS with 3000k Hids. bright and clean cut off. No cut off is bad and hurts light output because the light is no concentrated. Reason why i had the lights on my bird.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 0235SS
Im probably gonna get LED Light bulbs for the fogs, (I know the fogs are too bright)
Putting LEDs in those will have poor output due to none of the current LED replacements (whether single bright LED or multiple LED) will place the LED(s) in the correct location to properly use the optics of the projector.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Holy glare. You oughta turn you lights on, park on the side of the road then hop in a buddies car and drive up the road towards your car so you can see just how bad that glare will appear to an actual driver. A shield inside of a projector housing a pretty important. you taking that shield out has roughly the same effect as sanding away all the texture from a halogen reflector housing. It would cause light to go everywhere with no control or focus. More so in a projector housing. As the light passes over that shield, its reversed upside down as it passes through the center of the glass lens.

You have reduced output on the stock fogs because there is absolutely nothing to reflect off of in your housings, the chrome is gone. Problem 2, the lens is cloudy and pitted. IMO the stock Camaro/Blazer fogs quite good, especially with 3000/4300 HID bulbs. Brand new Blazer fogs are a whopping $45 thru the retrofit source.

Personally though, if you replaced the awful cheap projectors in those aftermarket headlights with something like a morimoto mini projector housing, you would not even have a need for fog lights to be able to see. I mean because really, your trying to compensate for bad headlights right? Ebay projectors, and no matter what company you use, or how much you wanna disagree(ive seen them all), all use the same couple junk projector housings, they are absolutely pathetic at lighting up the road. All show with barely any go.

Dont get to worked up though, those are just my opinions man. I do alot custom work with lighting, sometimes people appreciate the education, and sometimes they dont. I will say though, you would be amazed at how much better using the proper components really is. I'll shut up now
thanks i just brought some ebay projectors what do i do now??
Old 06-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Originally Posted by stubbs4
thanks i just brought some ebay projectors what do i do now??
What do you mean? What did you buy and what do you want to do?

If you look in the Lighting FAQ, you can see some installs (I posted 2 earlier in this thread).

Lighting FAQ:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/710357-lighting-faq.html
Old 06-03-2012, 03:18 AM
On The Tree

bright *** foggies lol i like.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:38 AM
Launching!

SMALL VIDEO UPDATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jldf8...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-04-2012, 02:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, I would not be surprised if one day you walk to your car only to find it has been vandalized due to pissing somebody off.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

they dont give out too much glare since I adjusted them to face a bit down.
Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jldf8...ature=youtu.be
Dude, I would not be surprised if one day you walk to your car only to find it has been vandalized due to pissing somebody off.
But he says they do not give out too much glare?
Old 06-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

After seeing this video, it further confirms what I and others have said. You need to put the shields back in or replace those projectors. That is a wrong beam pattern for a fog light projector and it is providing a lot of glare.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

"I'm blinding you? Too bad, screw you I don't care."

That's the message I'm getting from that post.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

btw why is it only the EASTERN people the ones complaining about the glare?
I lived in CA for a while too so what's your point.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

BTW, I un-deleted this thread so the information/discussion isn't lost.

If everyone always deleted a thread just because they didn't like the responses, there would be fewer threads on this forum and more people repeating mistakes.

Lets just keep this discussion civil. No threats. From either side of the argument.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just because ricers put hids in their reflector housings doesn't mean it's right. I don't get why you're being so selfish, you're endangering lives on the road with your ILLEGAL fog lights. If you did a proper retrofit you'd have more controlled output, and your fogs would actually be useful. I hate to say it but I hope you get pulled over and ticketed for your new mod.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dabest09
Just because ricers put hids in their reflector housings doesn't mean it's right. I don't get why you're being so selfish, you're endangering lives on the road with your ILLEGAL fog lights. If you did a proper retrofit you'd have more controlled output, and your fogs would actually be useful. I hate to say it but I hope you get pulled over and ticketed for your new mod.
If u would of read my whole thread I'm planning on getting LEDs on them so they don't look too bright. Honestly I'm not being selfish I am going to take the HIDs off so don't worry people, but like I said im not forcing anyone to do this mod .
Old 06-04-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

HIDs are not the problem, having no cutoff shield is the problem. I think u would be wasting ur money buying LEDs. They won't be as bright but they will still be shining in people's faces.

I can't tell u how bad I want to take a baseball bat to glaring bright as hell fogs or headlights. Around here it's usually trucks that are jacked up, riding my *** with headlights/ fogs level with my rearview mirror. If I didnt have 5% tint on the back glass I'd flip my lid on these ********. That's what this remindsme of.

Other than that I really like ur car lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

LEDs in there may not glare because they may not be bright enough to cause any. Obviously at that point they would be for appearance only and have no functionality at all.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chrismikeb
HIDs are not the problem, having no cutoff shield is the problem. I think u would be wasting ur money buying LEDs. They won't be as bright but they will still be shining in people's faces.

I can't tell u how bad I want to take a baseball bat to glaring bright as hell fogs or headlights. Around here it's usually trucks that are jacked up, riding my *** with headlights/ fogs level with my rearview mirror. If I didnt have 5% tint on the back glass I'd flip my lid on these ********. That's what this remindsme of.

Other than that I really like ur car lol.
lol thanks bro, i know what you mean, honestly the whole problem will be gone with the LEDs trust me.

Quick Reply: Better light output on LS1 Camaro Fogs. ((((WARNING LARGE IMAGES))))