Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

6LE Dual Exhaust Valance

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Looks good man. Call me an infidel or whatever but I think DE looks better than CME

I have the original fiberglass piece, which fedex kindly broke in half for me. Good thing it is fiberglass as the shop can just put it back together! Anyway it isn't on the car yet so even though your car is a different color it gives me an idea of how it will look. Not sure what tips I want yet tho. I think I'll have the shop rivet mine on so it can't come loose.
Yeah the reason for the post wast to give everyone an idea of what it would look like because when I purchased mine I looked and looked for someone other then Mark's car. I liked the tips with we're designed for this valance but got a deal on some 4in. Corsa clones.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like look, but those kinks definitely need to be worked out! I hope mine fits better than that (it's the dual valance w/ round cuts)
Old 06-09-2012, 01:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
I like look, but those kinks definitely need to be worked out! I hope mine fits better than that (it's the dual valance w/ round cuts)
I was thinking of going with the round cuts since I already had a Magnaflow with round tips but wanted to change it up a bit. I think better double sided tape should resolve the issue with it coming apart. I don't reccomed mounting it without getting it painted since it will need some work for it to blend properly. Eitherway good product and glad 6LE took the iniatiotive to make such a wonderful piece even with its kinks.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Launching!

I really like that. Got any more pics? I wanna see how that looks from the side.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

At first I wasnt a fan but the more I look at it the more I like it. It doesnt hurt that its on a SOM SS. I like cme but sometimes I wonder if the fact tha cme is desirable and hard to find oem doesnt sway my opinion. I dont know if that makes sense but if the cme was the normal exhaust on all SS cars I wonder how well I would like that. Keep us posed on how you resolve the kinks.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by buellxb12s
At first I wasnt a fan but the more I look at it the more I like it. It doesnt hurt that its on a SOM SS. I like cme but sometimes I wonder if the fact tha cme is desirable and hard to find oem doesnt sway my opinion. I dont know if that makes sense but if the cme was the normal exhaust on all SS cars I wonder how well I would like that. Keep us posed on how you resolve the kinks.
I get you bro; I think the reason it's desireable is because it was the only option available hat actually looks good. I just wanted something that wasnt so mainstream like the CME. I tried some cheap double sided tape seems to be holding up better then what was supplied. BTW the car was originally black just got it back from the shop it's now Sunburst Orange Metallic.

Originally Posted by Lizard King
I really like that. Got any more pics? I wanna see how that looks from the side.
I'll get some more pics tomorrow morning from the side but I think
it looks like the CME.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:43 AM
Staging Lane

I like it! It looks great!

Quick Reply: 6LE Dual Exhaust Valance