Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Old 05-20-2016, 02:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

98-02 Camaro replacement headlamp assemblies - what brand/where do you find them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
PM sent
Thanks again for the help man!! You should post the pictures here so everyone can see them.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
My driver side one looks similar to the passenger side. A tad larger gap but again so did my factory lights.

Maybe this just means that Depo has some inconsistency in how well they fit. Oh joy.
Yep and it seems I got a crap batch, with the rubber coming off and all... And the pass side likes to readjust itself upwards over time. I think I'm gonna put some blue loctite in the threads... ONLY reason the are still in my car is cause the badass projectors from BLS.

By the way that looks badass with the dual projectors!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Onyx_Black_Z28
Wow thanks a bunch for all the feedback, guys! Johnny59 e-mailed me some photos of his that he restored. He used the method I've seen other people talk about on here using multiple stages of sand paper and then the polish - and they look nearly brand new. I have previous experience with wet sanding and buffing, so I think I'm going to give that a shot first. Money is tight right now (I just bought an MGW shifter, TWM **** and redline boot for this car a couple weeks ago LOL) so if that will work, I would much rather save $200-$250. If I could find a set for $50-$100, that may be a different story - but $200+ for ones that may or may not fit properly depending on who you ask is just a bit more than I can stomach. I hate to see the inconsistency with Depo and these other brands - very disappointing. I'll post before/after pics when I complete the sand/polish.

Thanks again guys - really appreciate the help.
just posted this in another thread, figure I'll post this up here too.

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
for a cheaper solution than getting the ~$250 pair, you can get a new set of halo's for usually as low as around $100-115 shipped on ebay. And then you pull them apart (as if doing the whistler mod) and pull out the black plastic that gives them their look. Once that's out, put the lights back together and you've got the exact same lights as stock, for less than half the price of buying the stock replacements. That's what i did for nice, new lights, at the cheapest possible price

oh, and if you're current headlights fit the way you like, you can simply swap the new lights to your old brackets
Old 06-22-2012, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys, just a follow up. A good friend of mine who paints cars used his DA with the different sand paper grades and then polished them with plastic polish - they don't look BRAND new, but they look about 80% better and I can definitely live with the $200-$500 I saved.

Quick Reply: 98-02 Camaro replacement headlamp assemblies - what brand/where do you find them?