Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Autotrix fix

Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just going to buy the kit I don't have any of that stuff plus I think it might be Easyer
Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To answer your previous question, you may or may not need a new motor. Mine does the same thing you described (although its not too often) and I plan on only doing the auto trix first. If I need to replace the motor at that point, I will
Old 07-20-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Is there a way to make the driver side operate faster? Or if I do the autotrix on the passenger will that help the driver? I don't see how it can except for if I want to run both windows at same time. I mean, my driver side is slow as dirt just by itself. Or does that mean it's wearing out?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS14EVR
Is there a way to make the driver side operate faster? Or if I do the autotrix on the passenger will that help the driver? I don't see how it can except for if I want to run both windows at same time. I mean, my driver side is slow as dirt just by itself. Or does that mean it's wearing out?
Have you replaced the motor? If not, I'd guess it's wearing out.
When I installed my autotrix kit, my passenger side was much faster than my driver's side. I've read this is often the case.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LS14EVR
They have a driver side fix kit too but it costs a lot more due to the express down. Previously I had considered just adapting the passenger fix to the driver side also, thus disabling the express down, but never got around to it on my old car.

Now on my 99 I'm considering keeping the express down feature, so I don't know yet.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

How messy is the wiring? I was gonna do this but didn't want to run a ton of wires. I just replaced the passenger side motor yesterday.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dabest09
How messy is the wiring? I was gonna do this but didn't want to run a ton of wires. I just replaced the passenger side motor yesterday.
i only see the red power wire that i ran infront of the motor instead of the back of it......
Old 07-20-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Not too bad. The relays take up some space behind the passenger switch panel if that's where you put them but it all does fit.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Before

After

This was done a few years ago. I don't think I've had to replace a motor since. BTW, those were taken when I had my stock LS1 and bolt-ons. That's why my exhaust is so mellow.

Last edited by HotWhipT/A; 07-20-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Have you replaced the motor? If not, I'd guess it's wearing out.
When I installed my autotrix kit, my passenger side was much faster than my driver's side. I've read this is often the case.
No they are original with about 35K miles on the clock.

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
They have a driver side fix kit too but it costs a lot more due to the express down. Previously I had considered just adapting the passenger fix to the driver side also, thus disabling the express down, but never got around to it on my old car.

Now on my 99 I'm considering keeping the express down feature, so I don't know yet.
I thought I remember seeing a fix for driver side. Thanks.

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
Before

This was done a few years ago. I don't think I've had to replace a motor since. BTW, those were taken when I had my stock LS1 and bolt-ons. That's why my exhaust is so mellow.
Cheese and Rice! Your before is twice as fast as mine is now. Both my windows are SOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOWWWWWW!
THanks for the info guys.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hotwhip how'd you go about routing the power to the battery? I know your engine bay is spotless so I was curious. Did you just run the wires inside the fenderwell?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autotrix fix