Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Cut My Springs + Sunoco Stripes! Tons of pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks real good. Very clean and well done.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Nice job man, love the look you got going on. Shooting for something similar on my pewter B4C, I have the body colored top though. Where did you get the stripes?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

This z28 looks good. Its cool because you don't have a fortune in the appearance mods. That car would look pretty good with the stock hood and an ss spoiler. Sometimes, less is more.

And your ws6 was nice enough for me to make a tribute car to it. Thanks again for the stripe info, btw.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as personality goes I feel that it would look a lot nicer with some sort of wing and rims.

I would typically say an SS wing but it seems a little played out but I know its different in your area seeing modded 4th gens then it is on Tech.

Not many people do the whole SS wing and aftermarket hood scheme around here. Heck I've never even seen a berger panel in person aside from my car.

If you're on a tight budget, thespoilercompany on ebay makes a good fitting SS wing from what I've heard and they sell it for cheap
Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The drop looks great. How hard was it getting the front springs off? I know the rears are easy, but have heard the fronts are a bitch.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Your car has a really nice, clean understated look that I really like, man. Great job!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

I would say get a mecham spoiler to change it up a bit. And some C6 Z06 DD wheels.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrob56
Nice job man, love the look you got going on. Shooting for something similar on my pewter B4C, I have the body colored top though. Where did you get the stripes?
Thanks man, I get all my vinyl's from Fourth Circle Designs.

Originally Posted by Gluemaker
This z28 looks good. Its cool because you don't have a fortune in the appearance mods. That car would look pretty good with the stock hood and an ss spoiler. Sometimes, less is more.

And your ws6 was nice enough for me to make a tribute car to it. Thanks again for the stripe info, btw.
LOL I looked at your sig, and I did a double take. Looks familiar.

Originally Posted by stevesfbody
As far as personality goes I feel that it would look a lot nicer with some sort of wing and rims.

I would typically say an SS wing but it seems a little played out but I know its different in your area seeing modded 4th gens then it is on Tech.

Not many people do the whole SS wing and aftermarket hood scheme around here. Heck I've never even seen a berger panel in person aside from my car.

If you're on a tight budget, thespoilercompany on ebay makes a good fitting SS wing from what I've heard and they sell it for cheap
I have some pictures of a pewter Z28 with the freedom spoiler, and I like how it looks in the picture. However I feel like I'd get tired of it pretty quickly. I'd probably just go with an SS spoiler eventually.

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
The drop looks great. How hard was it getting the front springs off? I know the rears are easy, but have heard the fronts are a bitch.
Thanks man! The passenger side strut mount was a little tough, needed some finesse to get the nut off. Other than that, simple! Used an Autocraft "Macpherson" strut compressor from Advance Auto. I've had it for years and used it on half of my cars.

Originally Posted by Z28RS
Your car has a really nice, clean understated look that I really like, man. Great job!
Thank you sir.

Originally Posted by Camaroking1996
I would say get a mecham spoiler to change it up a bit. And some C6 Z06 DD wheels.
Hmm... I think you may be on to something. Where would I get a mecham spoiler?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stevesfbody

dude! he made this car look a 100 times better from when he first got it, so where is this coming from LOL, give the man time, or give the man money LOL
Old 07-30-2012, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^you're totally right haha! I saw his progress thread so I will give props for that. Its hard when you're on a budget but I like to think more progressively.

I'm not saying go drop 1500 on wheels, tires, and a painted spoiler right away but over time.

I mean my car has salad shooters so i understand not everyone can afford what they want right away

Quick Reply: Cut My Springs + Sunoco Stripes! Tons of pics