Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

led headlight/foglight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default led headlight/foglight bulbs

i was looking to change my hids back to halogens, and i seen they have led bulbs... has anyone used these? wondering if they will work as well as halogens... i dont light my hids.. want something with better reliability.. heres an ebay link to fog light bulbs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-881-H27W-...-/280754297628
Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't used LED fog light or headlight bulbs for this reason: I've done A LOT of research and found that, while the nice, crisp light of the LED bulbs appears bright to viewers and oncoming traffic, they don't put out enough usable light in the necessary pattern to provide sufficient illumination and visibility.

I recommend that you do a Google search and verify what I'm saying. I think that you'll find, as I have, that LEDs are great for marker lights and interior lights, but that the technology isn't able to meet or eclipse halogen or HID fog light and headlight alternatives just yet.

Good luck, man!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

All the current drop-in LED replacements are useless to use in Fog Light and Head Light applications.

They don't output nearly as many lumen as the stock Halogen bulb and they aren't positioned to properly use the reflector. Which means that the light they do put out won't be focused and spread properly.

They will light up the housing, but not "throw" the light nearly as well.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought led lights from ebay and they were straight garbage the adhesive that held the light to the wires came apart in the days i had it. i'd go with HIDs
Old 08-01-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Your best bet is to go back to halogens. Look into a set of philips x-treme power or even a set of HIR bulbs.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input... i dont remember the brands of hid that i have they were in the car when i got it.. but driving at night sux... only drive it every once and a while but when i do i cant really see much, prolly bc i dont have projectors... but i will prolly jus get a good set of halogens...ill look into the ones suggested above
Old 08-01-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What would be the whitest looking traditional bulb instead of LED's for the Fogs?

Quick Reply: led headlight/foglight bulbs