Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wash/Wax All in One Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wash/Wax All in One Kits?

Anyone one know who sells a COMPLETE wash and wax kit? Things such as soap, wax, detailer spray, claybar, tire/wheel cleaner, interior cleaner, etc.
The closest one I could find was Blackfire's kit off of Autogeek but they are asking $230ish which is a bit much for me. Anyone have any leads? Ive checked Chemical guys and Poorboys as well.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-99-ad...etail-kit.aspx

I started out w/ this kit when I first transitioned over to Adam's and this kit sold me on their products. They also have 15% off and $7.95 flat rate shipping until the 14th of this month!

Also, say you don't want the Swirl and Haze Remover that comes with the kit, call up Adam's and you can swap out that product for an interior product if you want.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

Is there a code for the 15% off to apply?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
Is there a code for the 15% off to apply?
Yes. It is on their homepage of their website, but it is SUMMER12. That will apply the 15% off and then you will select the $7.95 flat rate shipping when you select your shipping options!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Banned

Is the Americana wax upgrade worth the extra cost over the buttery smooth wax?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is the Americana wax upgrade worth the extra cost over the buttery smooth wax?
Depends on your preference. Do you prefer a paste wax or a liquid wax? The Americana is usually $70 for the 6.9 oz, so you'd be getting it for $40, which is cheaper than their 3.9 oz Americana. The Buttery is a liquid wax and doesn't last quite as long as the Americana does, but it is SUPER easy to apply and remove. The Americana will create a better shine and will last a little longer. It has been said that a 6.9 oz tub of Americana lasts about 50 applications. The Americana is just as easy to apply, but if you let it sit on a panel too long it'll be tough to remove, so you only want to do 2 panels then come back and remove the wax.

I started out w/ the Buttery (since at the time it wasn't an option to upgrade to the Americana) and used it a couple times. I then took the dive and got the Americana and haven't touched the Buttery since getting the Americana.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Banned

Hard to pull the trigger on 160 bucks worth of stuff lol. If my clutch on here will sell then I will get it.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hard to pull the trigger on 160 bucks worth of stuff lol. If my clutch on here will sell then I will get it.
Another great thing about Adam's is that if you get the products, use them, don't like them, contact them, send them back and they will refund you 110%. I can pretty much guarantee that you will like them though. They're so easy to use and yield awesome results! Once you use them, you'll be wishing you got more. Lol.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Banned

Yea I think Im going to piece together my own kit and exclude a couple of things like the rubber/ trim detailer and so on and substitute for wheel cleaner, a small thing of the Americana and a few other things. Going to try to keep it under 150.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I think Im going to piece together my own kit and exclude a couple of things like the rubber/ trim detailer and so on and substitute for wheel cleaner, a small thing of the Americana and a few other things. Going to try to keep it under 150.
For the price, you can't beat the essentials kit to start out. If you start piecing together your own kit, you'll quickly find yourself above that $150 mark. Lol.

Also, if you're referring to the SVRT as the rubber/trim detailer, that is probably my favorite product of theirs! Yes, it seems a little high priced, but a little of that stuff goes a looooooooooooooooong way. It's by far the best product I've used for a tire dressing. Works great for bringing faded plastic trim back to life. Here's a 50/50 of the cowl on my Colorado. I think you can tell which side has the SVRT applied and which side doesn't. Lol.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Banned

Oh I didnt know it doubled as tire dressing. I shouldve read the product description a little better. In your opinion, what is some of their MUST have products besides the Americana and the rubber dressing?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh I didnt know it doubled as tire dressing. I shouldve read the product description a little better. In your opinion, what is some of their MUST have products besides the Americana and the rubber dressing?
Oh yeah, it's an awesome tire dressing! Not greasy, doesn't sling, SPF 35, and is water repellent.

Let's see. Must haves, for me are:

-All Purpose Cleaner
-Detail Spray
-SVRT
-Glass Cleaner (if you plan on getting the glass towels also)
-Grit Guards (don't necessarily need the buckets, as you can get a 5 gallon bucket at lowe's, home depot, etc. that the grit guards fit in)
-Americana
-Glass Sealant
-Quick Sealant
-A lot of their microfibers!!!! Especially the great white drying towel!

The product I seem to use the most of is definitely the All Purpose Cleaner since you use that when cleaning your tires and inner fender wells every wash.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly I would stay away from Adams a lot of hype I was one that bought into it and reverted to other products that work better and are cheaper. Not saying Adams is bad just better options. something like THIS or THIS, I have really come to like chemical guys stuff a lot. they give you way more in these kits vs the adams and cheaper. Check out GOFAST ask anything thread you will certainly learn so much and find great products.

another thing if you order from CG and its over 100 you get any 16oz product free. So you could get like thier innerClean for interior (really great) or something

Last edited by CamaroSS27; 08-09-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Banned

Cool I ordered a chem guys kit for a steal. Thanks for the help guys
Old 08-09-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool I ordered a chem guys kit for a steal. Thanks for the help guys
Not a problem. Hope you like the products. I've never used of any Chem Guys products. I found Adam's and it works great for me, so I stuck with it. Hope the Chem Guys does the same for you!

Quick Reply: Wash/Wax All in One Kits?