Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

meguiars ultimate wash and wax vs gold class...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default meguiars ultimate wash and wax vs gold class...

What say you?? I know the megs gold class is good, but will the ultimate wash & wax look good over the gold class if i dont plan on waxing after washing with gold class?
Old 08-14-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think I've ever used the Ultimate serious Wash/Wax before. Only thing different that I've tried was Turtle Wax and went to Meguiar's Gold Class and haven't used anything else since. Guess I could give something else a try though come to think about it.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use meguires ultimate wash/wax and i like it alot. always has a slight waxy look to it and beads water well. never tried gold class though.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not a fan. In my experience, it killed the beading from my real wax that was applied before washing it with the ultimate wash. It also doesn't produce enough suds for me.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:35 AM

^ I had just washed, clayed, and waxed my car with carnauba wax. I go to rinse and wash my car a few days later and the water is beading perfectly while I'm rinsing it. After washing with ultimate wash and wax, water no longer beads and sheets off.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

The only thing meguiars wash and wax is good for is washing your car. Meguiars NXT 2.0 is a synthetic wax that will give better protection and a deeper gloss than gold class. I would give meguiars synthetic sealant 2.0 #21 of there mirror glaze line a try. Extremely nice finish.
Imo gold class is lame.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by quinton spence
^ I had just washed, clayed, and waxed my car with carnauba wax. I go to rinse and wash my car a few days later and the water is beading perfectly while I'm rinsing it. After washing with ultimate wash and wax, water no longer beads and sheets off.
What you are seeing is the residue left behind by the soap. UWW leaves a layer of wax behind and I am 90% certain that you are seeing the effects of the soaps behavior and not the wax.

Gold Class shampoo is the same with the gloss enhancers in the soap. They can both mask the properties of the protection on the paint.

You would want to look for a shampoo that leaves nothing behind on the surface. Those of us venture to Meguiar's Hyper Wash in the detailer line.

Quick Reply: meguiars ultimate wash and wax vs gold class...