Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need an opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need an opinion

Well, I'm just about done painting my car and next up on the list of things to do is wheels and tires, and a drop.

Heres how my car sits now with black saladshooters and "lift kit"

Thats also a picture of before I painted but whatever you get the point. So I'm not sure if I want to run 18x9.5 rims on that suspension or run saladshooters on lowered suspension. Only reason I ask is because I hate how the wheels dont really fill in the back of the car but if you guys could put in some input that would be great.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2012, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i would do suspension first... looks like crap "lifted" with rims...
Old 08-24-2012, 02:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chadroosa
i would do suspension first... looks like crap "lifted" with rims...
I agree with this 100%. lower, then do rims, unless you can do it all at once. the drop makes a much better looking difference on its own.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this were my car, I'd lower it and consider going back to the original, factory-colored "salad shooter" rims. I really think that salad shooters help define the LT1s -- in a positive way -- kind of the way T-tops help define all of our cars. Since everyone seems to run some type of Corvette wheels on their F-bodies, by going stock, you'd actually stand out; sometimes, less is more. But that's just me.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Do Strano or BMR springs and Bilstein shocks. Then get either ZR1 or C5 DD wheels.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

@Z28RS it has an SS spoiler and a shaved berger so I don't think the saladshooters would make it look good at all haha. thanks though.

@Camaroking1996
How much would a strano/bilstein setup run me
Old 08-24-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Strano's might perform better on the track, but BMR's are the best of both worlds, good performance and a beautiful drop. Strano's sit waaaaaaayyyy to high in the front front me to ever consider getting them. Eibachs have a great looking drop too, people just compain about their long term durability.

And I actually agree with Z28RS, the salad shooters can look good with 93-97 cars... when lowered.

quick question: I've never really paid too much attention to them, but they're directional rims. did they come from the factory all facing the same way? or Are you using them on the wrong side of the car? if you look, they're going backwards (would look right on pass. side). Is this how they always look on the drivers side, or should they be facing the other way?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Id throw some ZR1's on that thing and enjoy it.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never noticed that haha but my tires are directionaly so pointless changing them. Nice catch though

I'm thinking maybe deep dish polished aluminum ZR1s or chrome C5DD
Old 08-24-2012, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by crimson_bird

And I actually agree with Z28RS, the salad shooters can look good with 93-97 cars... when lowered.

quick question: I've never really paid too much attention to them, but they're directional rims. did they come from the factory all facing the same way? or Are you using them on the wrong side of the car? if you look, they're going backwards (would look right on pass. side). Is this how they always look on the drivers side, or should they be facing the other way?
All the wheels are exactly the same so on either side of the car they face different ways. Ha, not sure why they did that.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

I say after you lower do C5 dd. zr1's even in dd still look stock but the c5 dd with its thicker than stock spoke most don't even realize they are Vette derived and they look great.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
Strano's might perform better on the track, but BMR's are the best of both worlds, good performance and a beautiful drop. Strano's sit waaaaaaayyyy to high in the front front me to ever consider getting them.
Stranos sit exactly like BMRs (considering the newer BMR springs are strano knock-offs)
Your TA looking like it sits exactly like mine (im on stranos).
Old 08-24-2012, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How's the ride difference between BMR and Strano? My car is looking at daily driver duty for awhile
Old 08-25-2012, 05:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesfbody
How's the ride difference between BMR and Strano? My car is looking at daily driver duty for awhile
Likely very similar (since again, BMR's newer spring is a Strano knock off), the rear is 20lbs/in stiffer thought.
All else equal no lowering spring is going to ride as good as the stock springs, thats just a trade off for having less suspension travel. Shocks are going to be key to get the car to ride (and handle) well.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So it won't make a difference which one I choose??? Then what shocks should I go with

Quick Reply: Need an opinion