TECH Senior Member

Received 886 Likes on 632 Posts

Very nice work!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Unstang
Or just a Flex DA orbital.

I'm a huge fan of the PC, done tons of bad corrections over the years with it, but now it only gets used for 4" pad stuff. The power of the Flex is hard to beat. I haven't used a rotary in a very long time, I don't enjoy using one at all.
I haven't had the pleasure to work with a flex yet. I want one though. I have also been waiting to see how the new HD DA gets reviewed. It's nothing compared to the Flex but I considered selling my PC for one if it I wont have to spend much money vs what I can make for the PC. It's going to be forced rotation, like Griot's and the Meguire's.

I have a Harbor Freight rotary (don't knock) and with a 5.5" inch pad they aren't bad to work with. It's when you use the huge pad's like the 7 or 8 inch bodyshop pads that you have to fight them. I learned how polish using a rotary so, they are second nature to me and I don't mind them really. Most people say to be careful with rotary's and are real cautious about when they are ready to use them; I was the crazy fool in the back of the shop with old fenders going to town because I could just burn through and grab another one.

But the only reason I still use it is because I haven't forked out the cash for the Flex. I will some day though.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dr Tran
Makes me have even more respect for the guys like Gofast. I'm not sure I could do that all the time.
Thank you

Originally Posted by egott_91
I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say he's got a few machines that are more powerful than a PC...

I believe that with a rotary this car woulda been done in 2 days from polish to wax.
Yeah I sold my 3 PCs a while ago. I love the GG 6", so much more powerful and smoother...but not very reliable as I have gone through several and keep TWO backup units with me at all times. I'm really liking the new 3D HD polisher too.

Rotary would level those defects quickly with a wool pad, but the caddy has so many sharp edges that would need protecting (ie taping) that a DA might actually be quicker in the long run. You found out the Adams just doesn't have the cut for harder clears.... It just falls short. M105 is more valuable to me than toilet paper...its that good. I have a panic attack when my bottle gets below 8oz lol.

On topic though... FANTASTIC work! Lets sum it up....

*Pics.....on point
*Focal point....on point
*Attention to detail.....on point
*Taking the time to do it right.....on point
*Finished sun pics for truth...........ON POINT!

Great job!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
I haven't had the pleasure to work with a flex yet. I want one though. I have also been waiting to see how the new HD DA gets reviewed. It's nothing compared to the Flex but I considered selling my PC for one if it I wont have to spend much money vs what I can make for the PC. It's going to be forced rotation, like Griot's and the Meguire's.
Actually none of those are forced rotation. The only forced rotation machines are rotaries and the Flex DA.

The HD DA is my new favorite.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
Thank you

Yeah I sold my 3 PCs a while ago. I love the GG 6", so much more powerful and smoother...but not very reliable as I have gone through several and keep TWO backup units with me at all times. I'm really liking the new 3D HD polisher too.

Rotary would level those defects quickly with a wool pad, but the caddy has so many sharp edges that would need protecting (ie taping) that a DA might actually be quicker in the long run. You found out the Adams just doesn't have the cut for harder clears.... It just falls short. M105 is more valuable to me than toilet paper...its that good. I have a panic attack when my bottle gets below 8oz lol.

On topic though... FANTASTIC work! Lets sum it up....

*Pics.....on point
*Focal point....on point
*Attention to detail.....on point
*Taking the time to do it right.....on point
*Finished sun pics for truth...........ON POINT!

Great job!
Coming from you, I appreciate that!

Remember when I was asking you how much it'd be for a detail? Guess with a little research, patience, practice, and some money (for products) you can come up with the results you want.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
Actually none of those are forced rotation. The only forced rotation machines are rotaries and the Flex DA.

The HD DA is my new favorite.
I could of swore I read it was on the 3d website. I might just hold off and not even worry about it and just get the flex.

How is the vibration compared to the GG?

Is the only way to get it still through the kit?

Edit: saw this on Autopia, maybe I skimmed it to quickly.

Hey Guys,

The guys upstairs are still gotta keep this under wraps. (In truth, I don't know much till they get here and I can try one for myself.)

From what I know, Tunch and his team are working on a video which explains in detail and will release it upon launch.
From what I heard, it acts like a forced rotation as in cutting abilities like a Flex while acting like a RO. (No heat.)

My understanding is the rotation pattern is different from other polishers and the polisher acts different at different speeds.
When you set the dial to low speed (1 to 2) and fast speed (5 to 6), it creates less vibration, but more rotation. At speeds 3-4 creates more random osculation and less rotation.) It is a truly multifunctional polisher.

I will have to open one up the day it arrives and try it myself.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Junkie

I could of swore I read it was on the 3d website. I might just hold off and not even worry about it and just get the flex.

Edit: saw this on Autopia, maybe I skimmed it to quickly.
I'd say its slightly smoother, the speed adjustment actually HAS more adjustment to it, not just .5 speed increase/decrease. Yes still kit only. But I've heard rumors they will change that....not confirmed though.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Were you using the severe swirl and haze remover or the swirl and haze remover?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Were you using the severe swirl and haze remover or the swirl and haze remover?
I used both on the hood. I then decided it needed something with a higher cut and grabbed the M105 for the rest of the car followed by Fine Machine Polish.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great work man!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Problem?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So GoFast would you recommend the GG 6" or the flex?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dr Tran
Makes me have even more respect for the guys like Gofast. I'm not sure I could do that all the time.
He's a beast, he did my dads car like 12hrs of non-stop work in 1 day. I've helped him on 2 cars idk how he does it I'm always so tired after lol

Ya kit only as of now not sure if or when they will release it outside of the kit since it sells so well as it is to Do it yourselfers, but would be way more convient to professionals since most dont need the kit
Old 08-26-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These threads make me think my paint has hope.

Then I remember the scratches that have just randomly popped up over the years, FML.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackTXmagic
If my car was ever that clean i think id never drive it again! Awesome work!
I didn't want to! I let it sit for about a week before I actually did drive it when I knew a would get at least 2 or 3 days of good weather before it rained since it is my DD.

Then I drove it for a couple weeks and didn't get a chance to had wash it until last weekend of course with it being black it already has tiny little swirls even using three wash mitts (top of car, bottom of car, and wheels) and the two bucket wash system. OH THE JOYS OF A BLACK CAR!!!!

Btw its my brother who detailed the car, idk why is is making it seem like "the owner" is some person that just brought the car to him.

Overall the car still looks great about a month after the detail, it beads up very nicely, it is just impossible to keep clean and then impossible to keep swirl free with it being a black DD.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Have you considered Opti Coating it? That helps a lot on a black vehicle.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wasn't there when he washed it, but I think a lot of the swirls were caused by not cleaning the mitt out enough with how dirty the car had gotten.

Basically with a black car it would be smart to hit the rinse bucket after every panel. Tedious and time consuming, yes but a way to prevent swirling further.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

If he is using the two bucket method properly with good soap that shouldn't be an issue. You shouldn't have to rinse the the bucket out after every panel.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
If he is using the two bucket method properly with good soap that shouldn't be an issue. You shouldn't have to rinse the the bucket out after every panel.
I meant rinsing the mitt in the rinse bucket and scrubbing against the grit guard after every panel. Then getting more soap. Not rinsing the bucket out for fresh water.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok. I'm sorry I misunderstood and you are correct.

Quick Reply: Detailed: 2004 Caddy CTS-V (Pic Heavy)