Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New Appearance Mods.. New PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Does that antenna work worth a ****? Thinking about one for my truck.
Originally Posted by metalmilitia606
I would like to know also. I'm thinking about getting rid of my power one for a little stubby one.
Hard to say, I never got the chance to compare it to stock. When i got the car the power antenna was stuck in the up position, so I swapped to a camaro base and a short antenna I had lying around from another car. When I just switched to this antenna I didn't see any noticeable drop in reception, and the radio works fine for me... though I listen to my phone 75% of the time (itunes, pandora, iheartradio). The looks alone make it worth it for me, IMHO I like this antenna more than any other I've seen. The only thing i'd like better would be to have it completely shaved.

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Car looks sick!

... now get that new driver side tail light so they match already

Or... I wonder how it would look with the reflectors of both tail lights to be painted a deep gloss black or gunmetal? Yeah, they might not be quite as bright, but the darker lens appearance without using VHT might look kinda cool yet without hassle from cops since "Officer I don't have any covers or paint on my tails, see? it is just how they are..."

Maybe not on a red car so much, as I think red lights look best on a red car anyway, but I'm thinking more on NBM or black cars in particular.

Probably a stupid idea.
You'd definitely need LED's for that idea. Hell, I've had people tell me my bulbs are out, since it kinda looks that way because I have no reflective material left in there. But that would be an interesting way to smoke the lights some and still retain the nice honeycomb look.

But like you said, red lights look great on a red car, so I just want to pull them both apart (so I know they match) and repaint them, and re-seal them VERY good so i don't have to worry about it again!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by therobman
looks sick pictures came out amazing but for the love of god please fix that headlight gap also with targa you cutting out the t bar thats on my to do list
lol, yeah I know, it needs to be fixed bad. I gave up on it for the moment.. trust me, i tried

that targa top is pissing me, I gave up on it agin a few weeks ago when I finally thought i had finished it... only to take it out for its first freeway run and lost two of my latches once i got up around 80mph. So it still needs more work But I already talked to my buddy who's going to do the fab work to get it looking right once I cut out the center bar.

Originally Posted by dabest09
Nice! Fourth shot is my favorite. I think you're making a bad decision putting the sportlines in the rear though. Keep the bmrs and just take out the isolator and do the hose mod. Mine sits perfect with that setup.
Frankly I think it sits perfect. Any more and I think it would be too low looking, plus Eibachs don't have a good reputation here.
I like the way it site, but I'd like to go lower, and I've already done the hose mod and all. A guy on my local forum was getting rid of the rear sportlines for $40 since his car was too low with his new, wider 315's, so I figured why not? I'd like to see how they look/ride for myself.

Originally Posted by TwitchZ28
1. That may be one of the best looking f-bodies around..

2. I can't decide which wheels I like better, those or the ones in your sig.
I was on the fence when I first got them done, but now I love them. They make the car look far more aggressive than it did before.

Originally Posted by Gluemaker
Great job. I strive to have as clean of a red bird as you.
And i want the mods in your sig lol.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks, right now I have no antenna on the truck because the stock one was huge and looked stupid. I rarely use the radio but it would be nice to have the option, right now it doesn't work very good at all with no antenna
Old 10-11-2012, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks so clean. Damn I want me car at this level soon. I like the black wing things, I was thinking about getting some of those on may car. Awesome job!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Every time I see this mans car it looks NICE or NICER keep up the good work James!!!

I really would like to pay you to help me do my engine bay
Old 10-11-2012, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
And i want the mods in your sig lol.
Haha, well the catback is on the way out for gmmg's and a stainless y. You're more than welcome to buy it. The stall will be gone in spring when I finally 6spd swap it. I've got strano/bilsteins for it. Just been too busy to install. Still, all the small touches on your car make it. I've got the ceta. I've got some stripes. I put some fully painted black old school zr1's on my car and it still doesn't look like your car does. However, if mine ever looks as good as yours, I'm going to drive to you for a photoshoot.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great but I thought the "rear wider bumper" mod worked only with Firebird/Formula rears? I'll be very interested to see if it's possible with Trans Am rears.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
I like the way it site, but I'd like to go lower, and I've already done the hose mod and all. A guy on my local forum was getting rid of the rear sportlines for $40 since his car was too low with his new, wider 315's, so I figured why not? I'd like to see how they look/ride for myself.
And of course the rears are stupid easy. 15 min and they are in. Decide you don't like them and it is only another 15 min back to what you had. If it were the fronts I'd say you're nuts to just want to try it since it is so much more involved lol.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MRMonster
Car looks so clean. Damn I want me car at this level soon. I like the black wing things, I was thinking about getting some of those on may car. Awesome job!
I'm still not sure how I feel about them lol. I like them, but from certain angles I don't care for them. I was really considering paint the whole top portion black, but then I plasti-dipped it to see... and didn't care for it. For now, I'm fine with the stripes though.

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
Every time I see this mans car it looks NICE or NICER keep up the good work James!!!

I really would like to pay you to help me do my engine bay
Ready when you are!

Originally Posted by Gluemaker
Haha, well the catback is on the way out for gmmg's and a stainless y. You're more than welcome to buy it. The stall will be gone in spring when I finally 6spd swap it. I've got strano/bilsteins for it. Just been too busy to install. Still, all the small touches on your car make it. I've got the ceta. I've got some stripes. I put some fully painted black old school zr1's on my car and it still doesn't look like your car does. However, if mine ever looks as good as yours, I'm going to drive to you for a photoshoot.
free shoot if you make the drive been waiting forever, but I'll eventually be doing a custom true dual set up when I install headers. I thought about doing the M6 swap, but the only way that'll happen is if I can get EVERYTHING for the swap at once, for a good deal. A buddy of mine just did the swap on his car recently, and price-wise it wasn't horrible. But I may just end up stalling it. we'll see
Old 10-11-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Looks great but I thought the "rear wider bumper" mod worked only with Firebird/Formula rears? I'll be very interested to see if it's possible with Trans Am rears.
Pretty sure it works, from what I recall they just said it didn't look good when they tried to push it out too far. I haven't looked at the thread in a while though. If it works, I'll post up about it. I'll probably try it within a week or so.

And of course the rears are stupid easy. 15 min and they are in. Decide you don't like them and it is only another 15 min back to what you had. If it were the fronts I'd say you're nuts to just want to try it since it is so much more involved lol.
exactly! the rears are so easy that I'm not to worried about swapping them in and out to see, and at $40 I wasn't set too far back at all, especially considering that I sold my old stock springs the day before for $25. If I like the sportlines and want to keep them on, the guy i got them from already said he'll buy my BMR's for his car, so we'll have just done an even trade. win win!!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, price wise it sucks. I wouldn't do it if I didn't have a good price on everything. A buddy of mine is going turbo and 4l80 on his 370. So for a very reasonable price I'm getting everything to swap. Luckily for me he has a tick stage 2 trans. Pretty much I'm getting everything for the price of a tick stage 2 rebuild and a stock clutch. But yeah, my goal with my car once its swapped is to take it from SC to CA. Some people have power goals. Some people want looks. I just want a car that drives as well as it looks. I should get some non iphone pics of it. Anyway, enough about me. Your car looks amazing. Be proud of what you've done.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Looks amazing man.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

bad *** car and bad *** pics man...what camera and lense are you using??
Old 10-11-2012, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Car looks f*cking sick!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great. I think you reaffirmed what I was thinking for new wheels next season.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow very impressive, Props! I ABSOLUTELY love the black wing tips, new tint, wheels, and c/f touches to engine bay. I knew i was going to see a red bird done up right when i saw the thread but you surpassed my expectations, nice work.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Perfect... very nice car
Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Teching In

beautiful
Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Car looks sick. But I noticed your driver side tail light is darker. mine was the same way. heat it up, pull it apart, respray, and reseal it up. took me less than an hour and my tailights look good as new!

EDIT: saw you already have it covered! car looks amazing!

Last edited by Sail Hatan; 10-14-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:24 AM
TECH Addict

I love the wheels.

I think I need to ditch my Black ZR1 and get these!

I tried to buy them from you on Norcal but someone beat me to it ...

Quick Reply: New Appearance Mods.. New PICS!