Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Did some subtle appearance mods...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have left the reverse sections of the tail lamps alone, it's a much cleaner and more modern look then fully blacked out tails. Also, consider doing the heater hose mod in the rear just to get it to sit slightly lower before you get it lowered. Overall, the subtle mods look good!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
You should have left the reverse sections of the tail lamps alone, it's a much cleaner and more modern look then fully blacked out tails. Also, consider doing the heater hose mod in the rear just to get it to sit slightly lower before you get it lowered. Overall, the subtle mods look good!
Honestly I've read the write-up and I don't really understand how to do the heater hose mod
Old 10-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clean looking f-body my friend, i my self was a camaro enthusiast, but i came down with the trans am fever, most definately improving the look, keep up the good work like that u were open minded to suggestion the back looked more visually pleasing.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesfbody
Honestly I've read the write-up and I don't really understand how to do the heater hose mod
Have you ever removed your rear springs before? Its as easy as lifting the rear of the car and supporting it so the rear end just hangs, remove the the lower shock bolts and your rear end should hang down a little more after you take them off. Then you can wiggle your rear springs out, and at the top of your springs there is a plastic piece that is about 1 inch or so thick. You remove that and then you slide a piece of hose over the top coil of the spring. Wiggle the spring back on to the proper position, lift the rear a little and insert your shocks again, tighten the bolt. Lower the car and done. The back of your car will be lowered a little bit. Hope that helps, if you need more helps or some pics just PM me
Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^ what he said just take rear springs out (super easy) take the thick rubber insert out. Take some heater hose and put it on the first coil of the spring and pop them back in.

All the hose is doing is helping to safe guard against metal to metal contact. Scraping noises and things like that. Its worth about a half inch drop.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will give it a try after some more research. I have access to a lift at my school so maybe I can put it on there and give it a go.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Unhappy

Nice, now lose the shooters and lower her
Old 10-28-2012, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Nice, now lose the shooters and lower her
working on it man! moneys tight!

Quick Reply: Did some subtle appearance mods...