Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rubber window thingy not going into door all the way?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber window thingy not going into door all the way?

hahaa your probably thinking WTF is he talking about? Well heres my problem..the black rubber thing that sits on top of the door and seals the window isnt quite sitting on the door all the way. When i roll the window up, it makes that black rubber strip come up about 1/16 " of an inch. I can see there are a few metal clips in there, but when i push down on it i can get it to go down on the door all the way. Any ideas what i can do? The drivers door is flush all the way down the door but the passenger one is being rediculous. One of those little annoying things thats going to drive me up the wall
Old 11-21-2012, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Have you tried taking the interior door panel off and checking the clips? You only have to remove like 6 screws and lift up on the panel and it will pop out. Then you can check the clips on that rubber trim piece by the window.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackHawk96WS6
Have you tried taking the interior door panel off and checking the clips? You only have to remove like 6 screws and lift up on the panel and it will pop out. Then you can check the clips on that rubber trim piece by the window.
K i can do that..while that door panel is off, is there anything i can do to make my passenger window to roll up faster? Im sure it shares power with the driver side, but damn thats annoying!..

With the window down and can spread it open and see the back of the clips but when i push on them more, nothing happens it doesnt stay down so to speak.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ahh, I have that problem too. I just keep pushing it down every time someone uses the passenger door.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by My2kz28
K i can do that..while that door panel is off, is there anything i can do to make my passenger window to roll up faster? Im sure it shares power with the driver side, but damn thats annoying!..

With the window down and can spread it open and see the back of the clips but when i push on them more, nothing happens it doesnt stay down so to speak.
I heard that you will have to epoxy the clips that hold on that hard rubber strip to the door.
The fiberglass wears out and the clips no longer hold tight and probably stems from people using the window to open and close the door when it is not all the way down.

For the passenger window man get the Autotrix kit, its about $30 and comes with all the wiring/relays/instructions needed to fix that slow moving motor once and for all.
I finished mine in about 1.5hrs and that **** flys up faster than some newer cars now.

Quick Reply: Rubber window thingy not going into door all the way?