Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

NBM Trans Am CETA and other Plastidip

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zerogravity779
The badges are taped on from the factory, leaving a slight "edge" or gap between the badge and the car (you can see it in the pics). The edges of the badge seemed to be "self cutting". I used NO knife or razer blade to remove it from the car. I just pulled it at about 45* to 90* from the car. when I did the CETA mod, you can see the tape around the PONTIAC area. I sprayed that... but it did pulled out. I will try again later after I figure out how to do it. When I sprayed the bird on the front bumper, it pulled off thefirst try. So I sprayed it again and used an exacto knife (hobby knife, box cutter, ect...) to LIGHTLY trace it out. I did use a tooth pick to get the stuff between the leters, and inside the letter A. I will post pics of the front one day, but it looks like everyone elses.

So...You applied it and by the way you pulled it off, it left the badges alone?

Is there a write up on using this stuff? I might be able to do the CETA Mod, Badges, and Sail Panels. That would be sick.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

IMO the black spokes on the wheels clash horribly with white stripe on the hood. Too much going on.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Launching!

The stripe is silver not white which goes with the lip of the wheel.I didn't have to use a knife on the car at all the ceta I just pulled the tape and nothing came off, the bird I tape around leaving nothing but the bird exposed and dipped it heavily real quick and removed the tape before it dried, the badge I did the same thing it cuts by itself.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by willy9
The stripe is silver not white which goes with the lip of the wheel.
Hence why I dislike the filters in instagram. What kind of phone? Photobucket should have an app that lets you quickly upload shots unmolested.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Launching!

HTC Thunderbolt

Quick Reply: NBM Trans Am CETA and other Plastidip