Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The New HID/LMC Housing Write-up **Updated**

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone use LED'S in the LMC housings yet? If so please tell me what kind work well/fit.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sausalito123
Anyone use LED'S in the LMC housings yet? If so please tell me what kind work well/fit.
They're horrible, worse than HID. Don't use anything but halogen bulbs in LMC housings, it's pointless and very dangerous.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
They're horrible, worse than HID. Don't use anything but halogen bulbs in LMC housings, it's pointless and very dangerous.
They look great to me! Easy to install thanks for the write up! 6k HIDS from amazon for 30 bucks plus the LMC housings for 85 bucks shipped.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sausalito123
They look great to me! Easy to install thanks for the write up! 6k HIDS from amazon for 30 bucks plus the LMC housings for 85 bucks shipped.
Its your money... Yes they look good when you're looking at them on your car.. Just wait till you drive at night/morning with them and keep having to aim them down further and further where it becomes pointless to upgrade.... And you're still blinding oncoming traffic just like the other morons around here that blind me because they're stock and put a leveling kit on their truck... Yet didn't adjust their headlights accordingly. I flash every single one of them, they flash back but even their high beams don't even make a difference since they're blinding me on low or high.

Should have spent the extra $50 and done it right.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Its your money... Yes they look good when you're looking at them on your car.. Just wait till you drive at night/morning with them and keep having to aim them down further and further where it becomes pointless to upgrade.... And you're still blinding oncoming traffic just like the other morons around here that blind me because they're stock and put a leveling kit on their truck... Yet didn't adjust their headlights accordingly. I flash every single one of them, they flash back but even their high beams don't even make a difference since they're blinding me on low or high.

Should have spent the extra $50 and done it right.

Night shots. Couldnt be happier with the outcome and price!
Old 07-31-2016, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

That glare looks awful. Let's see some shots on a wall to see how bad it really is.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dabest09
That glare looks awful. Let's see some shots on a wall to see how bad it really is.
It's promise it's horrible. I had LMC housings for exactly 1 week....only because I was waiting for the $45 Hella projectors and Morimoto bulbs to come in. Projectors have 10x the output of the LMC on top of everything else.

Name:  IMG_20160225_192614.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  114.0 KB
Old 08-01-2016, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What housings are you using infinite?
Old 08-01-2016, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BURN'EM
What housings are you using infinite?
They arent housings, his lights are actually in a PROJECTOR. They have CUTOFFS to prevent blinding people. Regular LMC housings are made for regular walmart cheapo bulbs, BUT you can obviously adapt HIDS in them. So yeah it works, and its cheap but its dangerous for others. Just because you can see good with them you may cause someone to crash because you cannot dim them, they're basically like riding around with your brights on all the time.

I used to have them when I had my first TA way back when ( 10 years ago ), yeah they really do help it was a cheap solution to hella bright ligths, but every single person flashed their light at me even when i did adjust them way down.

Do it right and safely or don't do it at all. By the way have fun replacing fog light housings every couple of months because the HIDS get too bright/hot and warp/melt them to ****. Bet thats going to be fun to change, ( ask me how I know )
Old 08-02-2016, 05:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

^ Yep what he said, exactly!

If wondering I'm running the Hella 60mm low beam projectors, you can buy them on Amazon Prime for $45 each.

It's not just people with HIDs in reflector housings that are dangerous. I've found people (least around here) that put a lift on their truck or even just a leveling kit and do not re-adjust their lights. I swear within the 14 mile trip to work every morning I flash at least 6 of these retards and I take the back roads! I'm sure they know it's the same car by now but f-em. Funny part is I can barely tell when they flash me back so I just keep my brights on. It just pisses me off people can be that stupid.

I wish I fit and hide a light bar on my car easily
Old 08-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Teching In

^ Yep what he said, exactly!

If wondering I'm running the Hella 60mm low beam projectors, you can buy them on Amazon Prime for $45 each.

It's not just people with HIDs in reflector housings that are dangerous. I've found people (least around here) that put a lift on their truck or even just a leveling kit and do not re-adjust their lights. I swear within the 14 mile trip to work every morning I flash at least 6 of these retards and I take the back roads! I'm sure they know it's the same car by now but f-em. Funny part is I can barely tell when they flash me back so I just keep my brights on. It just pisses me off people can be that stupid.

I wish I fit and hide a light bar on my car easily
I think it really depends on how much you drive your vehicle. For me it's around 1x/week, and half of that time during the night. So for 1 or 2 times per month I drive her at night, the cost effectiveness and aesthetic of the LMC conversion with HIDs is worth it to me. Yes if it was my DD I would invest in higher quality lights.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Found this picture on my phone for anyone interested in how bad the LMC housings are. The picture doesn't do the crappy quality justice, it's way worse in person. For instance the "tick" above right on each one....they're one on each side per housings. Only good part is their beam looks like a firebird emblem, lol....sad but true.
Attached Thumbnails The New HID/LMC Housing Write-up **Updated**-lmc-ta-housings.jpg  
Old 11-20-2016, 08:06 PM
Banned

Broview fanless LEDs in LMC housings, and LED bulbs for fog lights. Adjust the low beam headlights slightly down and in, no problem. Makes the car look modern and no worry of melting anything, as with HIDs.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:53 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

If you have to aim down your headlights due to the glare produced by the kit, then it is bad.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Banned

Nope, LEDs & LMC not a bad kit at all, for the price. The LMC kit with the halogen bulb it came with was much better than the original OEM GM halogens. I just got back from a night drive, did a little bit of " slightly aiming down ", with the adjustment screws, the LEDs are fantastic.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by trex600450
Nope, LEDs & LMC not a bad kit at all, for the price. The LMC kit with the halogen bulb it came with was much better than the original OEM GM halogens. I just got back from a night drive, did a little bit of " slightly aiming down ", with the adjustment screws, the LEDs are fantastic.
He's saying that if you can't properly aim your headlights because it will become a danger to other drivers (which your's will), it is bad.

I'll never understand why people will cheap out on headlights and halfass a conversion like this.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
He's saying that if you can't properly aim your headlights because it will become a danger to other drivers (which your's will), it is bad.

I'll never understand why people will cheap out on headlights and halfass a conversion like this.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Banned

You are non believers for what ever reason. They are aimed just fine. And a big improvement over GM OEM halogens.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by trex600450
You are non believers for what ever reason. They are aimed just fine. And a big improvement over GM OEM halogens.
Its not that we are non-believers, its that we've seen enough to know better and you haven't shown any proof otherwise.

However, you are sounding a bit heretical with your phrasing there.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIP1
Its not that we are non-believers, its that we've seen enough to know better and you haven't shown any proof otherwise.

However, you are sounding a bit heretical with your phrasing there.
Totally agree with VIP1.

Quick Reply: The New HID/LMC Housing Write-up **Updated**